Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-22-2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Hi Faye,

I love your stitch drawings! Marleigh Faye is going to have lots of good dreams under that special quilt!

hugs, Marilyn

Originally Posted by fayzer
What I am doing while I wait on November. My first machine pieced quilt for my sweet GD Marleigh Faye. I hate learning to stipple.
This is so funny. Her quilt is called "Cupcake Dreams."
Old 10-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Power Poster

Candi,you already get lots of extra. I think he should send it to me for Nov.Mary
Old 10-22-2011, 05:30 PM

Thanks. We have to usually take several before we actually have a picture where both the kids are smiling at the camera at the same time.

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
Originally Posted by Juli
Took the boys today to see the carved pumpkin in the mall.
My grandchildren are the same way. You have to bribe them to pose for a picture with a smile, by telling them they can do any silly face they want for the next one. Sad, but it works. lol.
Cute boys!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 05:34 PM

I love those fabrics

Originally Posted by sik1010
Just wanted to show everyone the wonderful packages I received this week! The first one is from Tussymussy and the second one is from LindaC. As you can see they are both wonderful packages and they really went the extra mile in preparing them.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:36 PM

FUNNY!! We have a sewing shop around the corner called almost the exact same thing except for its called: Our sewing room! LOL!!

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Charles just came downstairs with an armful of stuff for his secret pal for November...I said to him "what do you have there?" He tells me "STUFF". Stuff for what? "My secret pal". Well where did you get it from? "YOUR SEWING ROOM where did you think I got it from?." lol
Too funny.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:50 PM

Yeah, I already have parts of my Nov package together and I am going to buy more tomorrow while I am out.

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Hoping for more pms telling me that people have received their packages today. We are down to 21 who have not received, I have messages telling me that 16 are in the mail,6 are international packages of those 16.
Hope they arrive SOON. I'm doing a happy dance while waiting for Novembers swap. I got something really cool to send out....
Old 10-22-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by sik1010
Just wanted to show everyone the wonderful packages I received this week! The first one is from Tussymussy and the second one is from LindaC. As you can see they are both wonderful packages and they really went the extra mile in preparing them.
Beautiful packages.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by wanda lou
Lori How is Marty?
Marty is doing well with the chemo treatments. It is mostly her emotions that she is haveing trouble with and slowly I think that she is coming to terms with it. I am not the one who has cancer, I face losing my best friend not my life. It has to be so scary! I just encourage her to cry when she needs to and to laugh when she can. Thank you for asking. Lori
Lori you are such a kind and caring friend. You just being there for her is the best medicine in the world for her. Stay strong sweetie and remember to take of your emotional needs as well. We are here for you if you need to talk to someone.

Hugs
Old 10-22-2011, 07:09 PM

Okay, I have to tell everyone something. Its not about quilting, but its about a woman that I happened to have seen a post about the wii game Animal Crossing that shehad posted but had gotten deleted minutes after she posted it. Anyways her name is Trisha. I believe that she has done the secret pal swap in the past. Anyways, I was able to have seen the post before it got deleted and had written her name down so I wouldnt forget who she is.
So this game Animal Crossing is just a no brainer game, you go fishing, catch bugs, talk to little animal characters no violence of any kind oh and you buy furniture and things to furnish you houses. So we finally were able to connect to each others Wii's and the past few nights we have gone visiting in her little world and shes come to our little world. Charles has had SO MUCH fun playing it with her that he has been happy, smiling, laughing ALOT. What a great time Charles is having. She has wii speak which makes it to where we can hear her talking instead of her typing. We don't have a wii speak yet but we are going to. We can't wait to get it. And I can't wait to play and see how much happier Charles will be when hes able to talk to her and play. :)
Sometimes something so simple and stupid and mindless can make someone very happy and totally put them in a better mood and give them something to look forward to in life and that is what Trisha has done with the game Animal Crossing. :) Does anyone else have the game? And like to play it? So I want to say THANK YOU TRISHA. :)
Old 10-22-2011, 10:04 PM

Hoping for more pms telling me that people have received their packages today. We are down to 21 who have not received, I have messages telling me that 16 are in the mail,6 are international packages of those 16.
I must be one of the 5 that doesn't have a pkg headed my way. 8( Maybe I'll get a surprize monday in the mail. 8) (I'm such an optimist)