Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

• October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-21-2011, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    A thread and scrap catcher would be nice, too. My floor is usually covered with thread and lace scraps, although I've started tossing them into a take out dish and when that is over-flowing I have a gallon baggie on a tiny nail and that gets crammed full. My work space is usually too full to have room for anything else.

One thing I LOVE having around is a little scrub brush. I picked one up on sale at ACE Hardware for $1. I give the rug a little rub down so I'm not perpetually jamming the vacuum cleaner with thread wrapped around the brush roller. I think something like that would be a welcome addition to any sewing room!
    That is such a good idea, I should get one of those.
    Old 10-21-2011, 08:31 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    And speaking of crazy chicks I just wanted to say hi to some of them: Candi, Krystyna Thomp, Toomanyufos, and does anyone know where sik has been hiding? I haven't seen her around?
    Hi AZ!
    [img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbriRpDcw4RRonvYMEAT0cDxyvifG-lWha3WXKL7WKBt8XpVKt[/img]
    Old 10-21-2011, 09:09 AM

OK while waiting for my last training victim, I decided to give it one more shot with this. Here are the items that wonderful Jazs2 sent me! She made me a beautiful table cover, I got another retractable measuring tape, can always use those! I lose mine all the time. LOL, then a cool finger ring pin cushion, a crochet pin cushion a much needed pattern book. I want to know how did you know that I have a ton of men I need to make quilts for this christmas?? This is going to be very handy, and look at all the pretty fabrics!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-274884.jpe  
    Old 10-21-2011, 09:11 AM

So I really should go to bed, worked all night, got home Super hungry, ate a little, got on the computer for a little while, did some bobbin work on my applique quilt, got on the computer again, ate again, (common theme,lol) and kept thinking I should go to bed...got ready for bed, looked at the time and thought hmm..mail should be here. Already in PJs though, oh hubby just woke up (he worked last night too), ok, he went to check the mail for me..I am almost in bed, he comes and hands me this enevleope.

[IMG]http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...d/a1680926.jpg[/IMG]

Woohoo!!!! All the way from Australia!! I jumped out of bed and started giggling like a mad woman :mrgreen: hubby is watching me with both excitement and concern ,lol. I opened the package and was blown away!!

[IMG]http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...d/57bab93f.jpg[/IMG]

Check out all the goodies, PennyJ123 sent me!!!! Oh the yummy metallic Christmas FQs, the adorable measuring tape( can never find one when I need it), the seam ripper and magnifying glass ( I NEED these), some adhesive bonds, a thimble I have never seen before and yummy dark chocolate that I am eating as I type this (do you think I still have a chance to sleep today
    :mrgreen: ). And oh that yummy card she sent is an actual recipe for DOUBLE chocolate raspberry cupcakes...oh I am so making these :-P

And did I mention the beautiful metallica....I LOVE them.

[IMG]http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...d/1beb1bc7.jpg[/IMG]

But what made me laugh out loud was the bottle cooler she sent...so you all know :XD:

I am:

[IMG]http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...d/0be3ed97.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks Penny for being an AWESOME pal!
    Old 10-21-2011, 09:16 AM

Wendy, pretty table topper.

Hi Robyn :-P

Judith, yes, do join the fun. You can join me, ladybug, Faye, quilt nut, moortll, Soniboo and Darlene fighting for FL packages :mrgreen: there are more FL players I think, but they don't post that I know of.
    Old 10-21-2011, 09:30 AM

i have a question for all you chocolate candy lovers from a liitle candy less than chocolate lover. when you note on your sp swap template that your favorite candy is chocolate, does it matter what kinda chocolate candy you receive?

since i am not the most avid candy eater (chocolate or otherwise) i really don't know what to buy when i see just chocolate listed. i am one who can go to a candy aisle to look and nothing will jump out at me, no drooling, no longing, no reaction. it is very matter of fact, a non-issue for me. i will try to get an item that my sp lists but left to my own decision about it, nothing appeals to me.

soooo..... again does it matter what kinda chocolate you receive? otherwise if it does matter, my suggestion would be that you be a bit more descriptive on your templates because if you have me for a swap partner, i can never be sure what you may receive from me and if nothing really appeals to me during my shopping trip, you may not receive candy at all. this is just my perspective from one who eats very little candy or chocolate.

mary
    Old 10-21-2011, 09:30 AM

I received the biggest, nicest package from Mary aka
    HavPlenty. I appologize for being slow to acknowledge it here. Its just been a week out of control for me.

I took a photo of all the good stuff and am posting it here. Mary really over-did herself on this pacdkage... so many goodies! Pink fuzzy non-skid socks, a New York Times Best Seller book, her own hand made needle case and pot holders and the cutest owl pin cushion... chocolate (yummy), shopping bag, recipe book, nail file, stick it notes, bags of buttons and bands, turkey salt and pepper shakers, fabric ... and the list just goes on and on!

Thank you so much Mary! You are a very special person indeed.

hugs, Jupiter
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-274886.jpe  
    Old 10-21-2011, 09:40 AM

WOW! Nice pkgs y'all! :thumbup:
    Old 10-21-2011, 09:42 AM

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday. Just wanted to say that I start my day with a cup of coffee and my friends on the Secret Pal swap. You are all so much fun. Judith, you should join us in November.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-274889.jpe  
    Old 10-21-2011, 09:53 AM

Me too, Faye! Here I sit with my mug in hand, reading and reading and reading.... This group is full talk! I haven't been around much this week and I don't think I will actually get all the posts read in one cup of coffee! lol

hugs, Jup