Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-24-2011, 06:50 PM

Gummy Bears, yummy, i received some in one of my secret packages, only thing in left the bag in my hubbys car and it was a hot day, they all congealed, i didn't get too many of them. So that will be on my wants list for November, along with buttons. :0)
Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by Krystyna
Sure everyone can come and shop in my sewing room...theres only ONE RULE....you gotta clean it first. LOL
I have the feeling that you might want to go through everything that Charles has selected. Otherwise his SP is going to have to send stuff back!
Hehe. Hes got a 6 pound bag of gummy bears to send to Lori. Shes gonna have gut rot if she eats all of them herself. Luckily she says she is going to share them with some friends. :) Can you imagine 6 POUNDS of gummy bears. LOL

I love gummy bears. Tell him he can send some my way too...lol
Old 10-24-2011, 06:54 PM

Ugh. Another day, another drama. I finally put together my string quilt for the new love seat that the larger of our dogs seems to think is especially for him. Started happily quilting away with the stipple stitch on my Baby Lock and **CLUNK** it froze up. I am freaking out. Took it apart and cleaned like crazy, but still no go. I really need this machine for my business so it is a bit of a catastrophe. I have the feeling that the repairs are going to be EXPENSIVE! I've had it for less than a year, so hopefully it's covered. Can't go to the shop - which is quite a distance away - until afternoon because we are dumping our old service provider for internet-phone-television and switching to FIOS. Cheaper, but what a PITA. Sooooo many emails to change. So, if I'm MIA, keep my seat on the bench warm. I picked up some Gala apples and caramel dip today for us to share. Mmmmmm.
I will keep the bench warm for you as long as you are bringing the caramel apples. Yummy!!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by CAgirl1
I will keep the bench warm for you as long as you are bringing the caramel apples. Yummy!!!!
Thanks. Fighting the temptation to dip a piece of Hershey's chocolate into the caramel. Maybe ONE pretzel. Tomorrow is going to be one long and hopefully not too unpleasant day.

Oh, Deanna ~ I also need to get that machine running to finish your shirt. Had to get a new one. On the second try I just made the hole bigger and while I could have done something creative with lace, I didn't think you wanted an X-rated quilting shirt!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by trisha
Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Originally Posted by tedytrser
Okay, I have to tell everyone something. Its not about quilting, but its about a woman that I happened to have seen a post about the wii game Animal Crossing that shehad posted but had gotten deleted minutes after she posted it. Anyways her name is Trisha. I believe that she has done the secret pal swap in the past. Anyways, I was able to have seen the post before it got deleted and had written her name down so I wouldnt forget who she is.
So this game Animal Crossing is just a no brainer game, you go fishing, catch bugs, talk to little animal characters no violence of any kind oh and you buy furniture and things to furnish you houses. So we finally were able to connect to each others Wii's and the past few nights we have gone visiting in her little world and shes come to our little world. Charles has had SO MUCH fun playing it with her that he has been happy, smiling, laughing ALOT. What a great time Charles is having. She has wii speak which makes it to where we can hear her talking instead of her typing. We don't have a wii speak yet but we are going to. We can't wait to get it. And I can't wait to play and see how much happier Charles will be when hes able to talk to her and play. :)
Sometimes something so simple and stupid and mindless can make someone very happy and totally put them in a better mood and give them something to look forward to in life and that is what Trisha has done with the game Animal Crossing. :) Does anyone else have the game? And like to play it? So I want to say THANK YOU TRISHA. :)

:D :D :D :D :D
I haven't seen Trisha on here much since her surgery.Glad to hear she is still keeping in touch and hopefully doing well.Please tell her Mary (lawsonmugs) said Hi. thanks Mary
Hi Lawsonsmug, No I haven't been on for awhile, haven't been up to swapping much this summer. Been busy making scarves for the Special Olympics and others organizations, doing some quilting,,,,,and,,,,,,playing Animal Crossing with Charles....but he really needs to change his costume....He is scaring me!!! LOL
Good to talk to you again.
I will tell him to change his clothes....Oh and by the way Trisha...its a joke between me and Charles about YOU AND HIM getting in bed together in AC. LOL Does YOUR HUBBY Know?
Yeah, and did you notice how much we roll around together?
Old 10-24-2011, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Originally Posted by tedytrser
Okay, I have to tell everyone something. Its not about quilting, but its about a woman that I happened to have seen a post about the wii game Animal Crossing that shehad posted but had gotten deleted minutes after she posted it. Anyways her name is Trisha. I believe that she has done the secret pal swap in the past. Anyways, I was able to have seen the post before it got deleted and had written her name down so I wouldnt forget who she is.
So this game Animal Crossing is just a no brainer game, you go fishing, catch bugs, talk to little animal characters no violence of any kind oh and you buy furniture and things to furnish you houses. So we finally were able to connect to each others Wii's and the past few nights we have gone visiting in her little world and shes come to our little world. Charles has had SO MUCH fun playing it with her that he has been happy, smiling, laughing ALOT. What a great time Charles is having. She has wii speak which makes it to where we can hear her talking instead of her typing. We don't have a wii speak yet but we are going to. We can't wait to get it. And I can't wait to play and see how much happier Charles will be when hes able to talk to her and play. :)
Sometimes something so simple and stupid and mindless can make someone very happy and totally put them in a better mood and give them something to look forward to in life and that is what Trisha has done with the game Animal Crossing. :) Does anyone else have the game? And like to play it? So I want to say THANK YOU TRISHA. :)

:D :D :D :D :D
I haven't seen Trisha on here much since her surgery.Glad to hear she is still keeping in touch and hopefully doing well.Please tell her Mary (lawsonmugs) said Hi. thanks Mary
Hi Lawsonsmug, No I haven't been on for awhile, haven't been up to swapping much this summer. Been busy making scarves for the Special Olympics and others organizations, doing some quilting,,,,,and,,,,,,playing Animal Crossing with Charles....but he really needs to change his costume....He is scaring me!!! LOL
Good to talk to you again.
I will tell him to change his clothes....Oh and by the way Trisha...its a joke between me and Charles about YOU AND HIM getting in bed together in AC. LOL Does YOUR HUBBY Know?
Yeah, and did you notice how much we roll around together?
Yep I have. LOLOL But we are having so much fun!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by CAgirl1
Thanks. Fighting the temptation to dip a piece of Hershey's chocolate into the caramel. Maybe ONE pretzel. Tomorrow is going to be one long and hopefully not too unpleasant day.

Oh, Deanna ~ I also need to get that machine running to finish your shirt. Had to get a new one. On the second try I just made the hole bigger and while I could have done something creative with lace, I didn't think you wanted an X-rated quilting shirt!
No problem Krystyna. I have patience. No rush. Creative with lace huh? Hmmmmmm
I'm just excited that you thought of me. :)
Hope your machine isnt too costly to fix and that it is under warranty still. :)
Old 10-24-2011, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
Originally Posted by aussie croydon
Thank you so much Shelia - in Erie I received the most wonderful parcel with lots of goodies that are very much appreciated. My goodies incuded some dog fabric a note pad and cat diary A broach 2 christmas patterns and fabric and a paper piecing pattern.
Thanks again Sheila and it would be great if we can keep in contact.
nice gift package. does the cat actually write in the diary :lol: :lol:
I didn't write that very well. Lucky Mia the cat doesn't need my diary or she would steal it off me. !!!!! LOL
Old 10-25-2011, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
My package went out today.......Somewhere.....to a state near the Great Lakes.

I do hope the lucky recipient will enjoy this........
Love that bed runner and the colors you used! Good job! :thumbup:
Old 10-25-2011, 03:51 AM

Ugh. Another day, another drama. I finally put together my string quilt for the new love seat that the larger of our dogs seems to think is especially for him. Started happily quilting away with the stipple stitch on my Baby Lock and **CLUNK** it froze up. I am freaking out. Took it apart and cleaned like crazy, but still no go. I really need this machine for my business so it is a bit of a catastrophe. I have the feeling that the repairs are going to be EXPENSIVE! I've had it for less than a year, so hopefully it's covered. Can't go to the shop - which is quite a distance away - until afternoon because we are dumping our old service provider for internet-phone-television and switching to FIOS. Cheaper, but what a PITA. Sooooo many emails to change. So, if I'm MIA, keep my seat on the bench warm. I picked up some Gala apples and caramel dip today for us to share. Mmmmmm.
Krystyna, So sorry to hear about your machine! Praying it will still be under warrenty and that all repairs are covered and that they can do a quick fix! Hope you have a good "uneventful" day! Take some time and enjoy a caramel apple!

:D
Old 10-25-2011, 05:42 AM

This is the first chance I've had to post the picture of my package from sik1010. Lots of neat stuff, including magazines, a muffin cookbook, notions, candy, Christmas FQ's, dog & cat treats, chopsticks, tea, Halloween dish towels, and books. A really fun package! Thank you so much!!!

OK, so maybe the Milky Way bag is empty....actually, I hid them in the cupboard!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276814[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-276761.jpe