Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Power Poster

Poor Krystyna.Yes you have to count your blessings,when things are goin wrong.Sounds like you are. Good luck with everything. Has anyone heard from Wanda Lou. Just wondering how her surgery went.Mary
Old 10-25-2011, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Originally Posted by thomp116
thomp what very nice goodies you recieved. I love your wall boarder in the background. Mary
Thanks, Mary. I think the border will be going away, though. I always liked it, but now I think I am going to do something totally different in my dining room.
What ya gonna do? My kitchen I painted it a very pale peach.Above my cupboards is a soffet. It;s about 10" tall and goes around 2 short walls of cupboards.So on it I am going to
paint some baby chicks and mama hens setting.Then glue some hay here and there and cover the whole thing with chicken wire framed in old wood boards to look like a big chicken coop.My kitchen is decorated with chickens and some farm animals.Hope it turns out well.So now tell me what your going to do.OK? Mary
Got to see pictures of it, Mary. Sounds neat. I was in a cottage this past summer, and they had wainscoting about 3/4 up the wall. There was a space of about two feet or so above the wainscoting (painted white) that was a dark blue. Looked so nice. Going to do dark blue or green. Originally planned blue, but my living room is green, so maybe the next darker shade.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:06 PM

Good attitude, Krystyna! :)
Old 10-25-2011, 01:21 PM

Finally have found time to post about the most wonderful package I received from Kriscraft99.

Please forgive me if I miss anything out there was so much, and everyhthing so useful and gorgeous.

Lots of unusual Christmas fabric which I really love; magnets, spools for my featherweight; con cozie; nivea cream; marker pen; note book; heat'n'bond; lip balm (take a breath) beeswax; binding clips; thimble; glue; green ric rac; vanilla coffee and soft drinks; address book; udder cream; embroidery thread; sip lock bags' used needle holder; santa mouse pad (whew)

Here's hoping I can upload the photos (not my strong point). Kristine also wrote me a lovely letter sharing some of her experiences which brought me a lot of comfort. Thank you so much Kristine, I will be contacting you soon.

Eileen
Attached Thumbnails attachment-276921.jpe   attachment-276923.jpe   attachment-276926.jpe   attachment-276929.jpe   attachment-276930.jpe  

Old 10-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

thomp what very nice goodies you recieved. I love your wall boarder in the background. Mary
Thanks, Mary. I think the border will be going away, though. I always liked it, but now I think I am going to do something totally different in my dining room.
What ya gonna do? My kitchen I painted it a very pale peach.Above my cupboards is a soffet. It;s about 10" tall and goes around 2 short walls of cupboards.So on it I am going to
paint some baby chicks and mama hens setting.Then glue some hay here and there and cover the whole thing with chicken wire framed in old wood boards to look like a big chicken coop.My kitchen is decorated with chickens and some farm animals.Hope it turns out well.So now tell me what your going to do.OK? Mary
Got to see pictures of it, Mary. Sounds neat. I was in a cottage this past summer, and they had wainscoting about 3/4 up the wall. There was a space of about two feet or so above the wainscoting (painted white) that was a dark blue. Looked so nice. Going to do dark blue or green. Originally planned blue, but my living room is green, so maybe the next darker shade.
Sounds pretty.I have white wainescot too. It's I think 32" tall with a chair rail at the top.I haven't painted the chickens yet. I will take pictures and try to post them. when I get it done.I have had no luck posting photos on here. It is always in the wrong format or something.Mary
Old 10-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Power Poster

Canny that is a great swap. Lots of goodies. Lucky you.Mary
Old 10-25-2011, 01:33 PM

I know I am very luck. I have had such wonderful swaps every month. I really love the fabrics and am trying to think of something to make with them which will "do them justice". Suggestions welcome.

Canny that is a great swap. Lots of goodies. Lucky you.Mary
Old 10-25-2011, 01:45 PM

Mary, sounds so cute would love to see a picture of your kitchen when you are all done! I know you will just love it!

Krystyna, sounds to me like you have a wonderful attitude and I'm sure God will bless you for it! Sometimes we don't see the blessings right away but I'm sure they're coming!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:06 PM

Great package!

My cat won't start her day without first having her turkey temptation cat treats.

This is the first chance I've had to post the picture of my package from sik1010. Lots of neat stuff, including magazines, a muffin cookbook, notions, candy, Christmas FQ's, dog & cat treats, chopsticks, tea, Halloween dish towels, and books. A really fun package! Thank you so much!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:07 PM

Wonderful package Canny!

Krystyna when things go wrong God truly opens up another door for us! Keep your chin up! Blessings!