Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-12-2011, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
I am getting really excited now I've seen quite a few hints for overseas, one of them has to be for me please!!!!

Originally Posted by grammyj
I got my package mailed today, It's going across the pond.
Hmmm usually across the pond means England.... might just be for you cannyquilter, I will hope right along with ya!
Old 10-12-2011, 02:54 PM

I received a package from Wendy/wenot today from the Netherlands; this was my first overseas swap and very exciting! She sent a beautiful realistic red apple fabric with autumn leaves and flowers tied with a ribbon and filled with goodies! I received charms in reds and whites that I love and will be making either a wall hanging or a tablerunner or topper. Actually I could make both with all the charms she sent. Some of the designs I've never seen before and they're super pretty! She crocheted a lovely coaster (I think?) in red/white with a touch of pink, sent some delicious flavored teas that had everything smelling so nice, the cutest red & white owl bookmark, a threader, lipgloss, kleenex, picture hanging strips I can sure use, a little penguin and a great holiday/winter pattern. What a great package and thank you again Wendy!

I still don't have my camera and she didn't take a photo before she sent it so no picture. :(
Old 10-12-2011, 03:03 PM

Can you tell, not even a hint as to the country they are going to just over the ocean, sea, pond.

Well here is a clue to my SP, posted on Monday and it is going to the USA!!!!!! Who can it be? You should be receiving it in around 10 days. Am going to research your area more thoroughly so I can give out some cryptic clues.

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Congratulations to everyone who has had their squishy or firmy. All of them are gorgeous. I would love all of their senders to be my SP at some stage.

All the gifts are gorgeous and Arizonagirl that pincushion is glorious and I wish my first attempt at FMQ was as good. Please don't take it. It will be much loved by it's new owner.

A Plea: Can we internationals have a few more clues please. Tjhey are very sparse this month and I am worrying about Canny; I think she is desperate for more clues :XD:
Old 10-12-2011, 03:10 PM

The porch is getting cold, keep the tea pot warm when you get your package you can have a cup of hot tea.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:36 PM

Yeah, it smells so good!

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
Oh man a chocolate candle, such torture! hehehe Very nice package!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:48 PM

As per her request, here's what I sent Patty Patches. Glad you like everything! :mrgreen:

Snowman fabric
120" measuring tape in a little tin (I got me one, too! :mrgreen: )
Lindor truffles (Of course, I had to get me a bag!)
Christmas layer cake (And one for me!)
Christmas minis charm pack (One for me, too! Can you tell I had fun shopping? LOL!)
mug rug
orange and lemon flavors to add to water
Attached Thumbnails attachment-270175.jpe  
Old 10-12-2011, 03:58 PM

I'm from OHIO : )
Originally Posted by Krystyna
So, no monkey? :(
Foo.

And maybe there is someone who wishes to fess up to being FROM OHIO :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Old 10-12-2011, 04:04 PM

All of the packages are so beautiful. This is the greatest group of people ever, including a few little stinkers! :wink: :P
Old 10-12-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Moedeenie
WARNING!!!

STICKLER ALERT !!! to Secret Pals and Pin Cushion Pal!!!

I woke up out of a deep sleep last night...OMG!!! My DH said what's wrong? WHAT'S WRONG?!?!? I mailed my SP's Squishies with pincushions WITH PINS IN THEM... Squishy with Pins...not good!!! Please be careful if you receive a package with Moedeenie or Maureen in the return address...

And what if the postal workers gets pricked? My gosh...I have a feeling I am going to find myself on a poster at the Post Office before this month is out... One is traveling across the pond...will it make it through customs?....

IF they are delivered...Please Open with Caution!!!!!

Lesson learned! I promise!!!

Hugs, Maureen aka Moedeenie
Well if it doesn't go through customs and they end up hauling you to the clinker...we will all bail you out IF they will take fabric. Or maybe even Chocolates...hmmm I am sure there is something that we can bribe customs with. LOL. And now...Stop worrying. The worse they can do is open it up see what you did....laugh a little...and send it back to you. Or if it was me working customs that is what I would do. LOL
Old 10-12-2011, 04:14 PM

Krystyna has officially lost it...now she wants monkeys....tiny monkeys...to ride on dogs...poor dear....