Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-20-2011, 04:52 AM

[quote=fayzer]
Originally Posted by SharonAnne
And if someone can't find their way around the board and locate this swap blog, why not PM a board official and ask for directions? Most of us are female and should have no problems with asking for directions. Sorry, I couldn't resist - Just a small attempt at humor there....

I was one of the dummys that couldn't find this swap blog because I didn't know it existed until searching past posts from 2010. I didn't know to ask. I thought there had to be something, so I kept looking. I guess I got that from my husband. He NEVER asks for directions. I'm have learned since then to ask lots of questions on here.
My first sp was Tussymussy and when she sent me my thank you she told me about following the thread-I had no idea! Now if I do not see my sp on the thread I tell them about it when I reply to their thank you... if they send a thank you :-( ... I have not heard from my sp.. and she is not on here. So please help spread the word :!: :!: :!:
I wonder if some of the participants are not signed in....? I stay signed in all the time, it is easy to reply and pm's stick out like a sore thumb !!!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:00 AM

More awesome packages!

Sharon Anne, I don't think you need to feel guilty over mailing a day or two late one time over a year period, I am sure you are not part of the reason Lori got frustrated. We all can assume that at one point or another, someone will be late mailing because life got in the way. I believe what Lori is talking about are people who make if a habit to be late, don't communicate the reason they are late, or worse yet, she sends them a PM questioning whether they sent/received, and she can tell that they read the PM, and yet they ignore her. Now that is not playing nice. I believe that what we all need to understand, and I believe most of us do, is that it is hard to manage a swap with 150plus swappers, making sure everyone sends and receives and dispatching angels for those who don't without participants communicating all of this information to the hostess.

Now doing some matrix analysis, I think my SP package is coming all the way from Australia :mrgreen:
Old 10-20-2011, 05:04 AM

[quote=carrot]
Originally Posted by fayzer
Originally Posted by SharonAnne
And if someone can't find their way around the board and locate this swap blog, why not PM a board official and ask for directions? Most of us are female and should have no problems with asking for directions. Sorry, I couldn't resist - Just a small attempt at humor there....

I was one of the dummys that couldn't find this swap blog because I didn't know it existed until searching past posts from 2010. I didn't know to ask. I thought there had to be something, so I kept looking. I guess I got that from my husband. He NEVER asks for directions. I'm have learned since then to ask lots of questions on here.
My first sp was Tussymussy and when she sent me my thank you she told me about following the thread-I had no idea! Now if I do not see my sp on the thread I tell them about it when I reply to their thank you... if they send a thank you :-( ... I have not heard from my sp.. and she is not on here. So please help spread the word :!: :!: :!:
I wonder if some of the participants are not signed in....? I stay signed in all the time, it is easy to reply and pm's stick out like a sore thumb !!!!!
They have to be signed in to receive PMs. Some people may know about the thread but choose not to participate, and I think that is fine. But they definitely need to PM you and Lori as part of the rules. Have they been on the board lately? Maybe they are away for vacation.

new quilter, welcome back :-P
Old 10-20-2011, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938
Originally Posted by Airwick156
I also am sorry Lori that people are not following all the rules. That makes me angry also. I have read some of the posts that are saying that their SP partner does not make any posts. Maybe that needs to be one of the requirements of the SP swap. I don't know. It just makes me upset too knowing that some people are taking advantage of you when you are doing this for all of us. I also think that, since we are supposed to do tracking on the packages, that when we pm you saying we have mailed our packages that we have to give you the tracking number. I don't know maybe I am talking out my ears but its just flat out WRONG for people not to follow the rules.
I have to agree with you, I know I emailed Lori my tracking # and imagine some of you keep track yourself... Making people post a note every once in awhile would help. We all can't post every day, but if you are in the swap than you need to post and let us know you are in it and say hello...Would that work for all of you, lets try to help Lori here... so she isn't under stress from people not receiving their packages and sending her notes, I am guilty so I know... and am sorry... I am impatient..
I don't see a need to require participants to post on the thread as that may be harder to do for some, but they do need to pm Lori, and if they are posting other places on this board they have no reason to not pm Lori, or their sender when they receive. I don't have a problem with including the tracking number when I pm that my package has been sent. I have done that voluntarily sometimes in the past. But if someone isn't even pming Lori that they mailed it will it make a difference if they are asked to include the dc#? --Lori still won't have it. But that said, if we were to include it Lori would have another tool to use. But as stated by many, she should NOT have to do any extra searching for tracking information.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804
Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Here are the pictures of the wonderful things that annt59 sent me. I received a quilting magazine, marking pencil, pins, lanyard, scissors, point turner, 3 half yards of beautiful fabric, a gorgeous mug rug that is reversible, and a mug caddy pattern. Aren't I a lucky girl?

LOVE LOVE LOVE that cardinal mug rug!!!!!!!!
ditto
Old 10-20-2011, 05:29 AM

Nah, it's that big city and the LIE that get in my way. From my house to my brother's in Ridge (12 miles from Patchogue), it is almost exactly 500 miles.

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Originally Posted by thomp116
I am not "up" from you ----I am just about straight west of you. When you get to Lake Erie, STOP!
You are a slow driver.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by CloverPatch
You mention that, and it just dawned on me....
My last two swaps didn't send me any candy!!! Did someone start a rumor that I am on a diet or something???
Maybe you will get lucky and get swampfox...hes got tons of candy to send. :)
Something special coming his way ...
:) Hes going to love whatever he gets.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:04 AM

Good morning I want to thank you for your support, there will be people who will not be in next months swap I hate to do it, I have been hosting the swap for 6 months now, but can not continue to let it slide. As to the sending of confirmation numbers, I do not need them unless there is a problem. It is your responsibility to hang on to that number until your sp has been marked on the matrix as receiving the package. Until they contact me the package has not officially been received. New rules state that if your sp has not received their package within 7 days of mailing (within the same country) then I will contact you for that confirmation number, so keep it handy! Several people are nearing that 7 day limit.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:15 AM

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days. I have sooooo much work to do I will never catch up unless someone clones me into six or seven me's.

Looks like I jumped back on the board just in time to read ten pages of admonishments. I do have to wonder why people sign up and then don't post or worse yet don't mail their packages on time.

I haven't received a package from my SP yet but I don't care because the mail has been chock full of things from my NOT SP in Ohio! :thumbup:

Who are you mystery NOT SP? I hope you reveal yourself so I can thank you!

Here's what she sent in the last three days
I'm jealous Krystyna - I want a NOT SP too - what did you do to con someone into being one of those??? Nice packages by the way!!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:20 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by koko
I'm jealous Krystyna - I want a NOT SP too - what did you do to con someone into being one of those??? Nice packages by the way!!
I know! It's like Christmas every day!