Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-29-2011, 07:35 PM

You are all saying it better than I could. I know that next month will be better (I keep telling myself that anyway!) We have 129 signed up for Nov with 10 people asking for 2 secret pals. Remember the delay in gettng your names the 1st. lori
Old 10-29-2011, 09:20 PM

Krystyna I love you just the way you are!
And I loved your story about your avatar.

How many do we have on the bench?
Old 10-29-2011, 09:25 PM

Someone seriously complained about an avatar? Sheesh...

Krystyna we need you! Yeppers we do, you are fun and liven things up, and if you are not going to be here, then I am not going to be here either! (stomping my foot, yep hard too, on the ground!)

Seriously please do not let this or these people get to you, it is not worth it. They will weed themselves out of the group sooner or later. I am just sorry to see this happening.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:42 PM

[quote=SharonAnne]There is no excuse for not sending and not thanking upon receiving... I'm another one who would get a whooping if I did not show my appreciation even if I did not need/like what I received. Someone mentioned that they would have to live with their consciences - if they post on another board and disregard their responsibilities here, then I doubt they have consciences, unfortunately. Still, what goes around, comes around and someday they will get the same treatment in return.

Krystyna, you are a lovely person and a giving person. Focus on your secret pal from OH who does this because she/he WANTS to and not just because they signed up to send a package to someone. Your SP apparently doesn't know you..
And your Avatar is a lovely tribute to your mom and sister - I enjoyed the story of how you finished it. It's really intricate and I wish I could paint. Your talents are awesome. Show us some veils, OK?

That said, I want to know where you find all those funny photos you post. I absolutely loved the one of the old lady with the dazed look (you know the one - when you offered turkey pincushions to all of the swap members).[/quote

Ooooo I would love to see some of her veils. Krystyna you have to share some pictures with us. Pretty please?
Old 10-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Krytyna,Krystyna,Krystyna, Put on your big girl pants and have a wonderful day anyway. Your not grumpy,your just a little different. As we all know . lol.You have a strong personality and we got used to it.Now go sign up for Nov. so we can all pick on you again next month.There's only a handful that can take the teasing.Have a GREAT day.Your friend Mary
I would like to apologize for this comment to Krystyna. I didn't realize it was hurtful. I am very sorry Krystyna.My sense of humor does not always meet up with others humor. This was meant as a friendly tease from one friend to another.I will watch closer what I say. Please except my apology. Mary
Old 10-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Swap Hosts

Mary thank you.

I have changed my avatar to something that hopefully will not offend anyone.

And my signature line, too.

It's good to be invisible. It really is.

It is also most excellent to be silent.

And best yet, when looking in one's mailbox to never tell anyone what is or isn't in it.

Have a nice day.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:35 PM

Krystyna
I was going to stay out of this misunderstanding but I can't anymore. Remember tone of voices don't translate in written text. I have been misunderstood myself. My dry wit has hurt friends until I explained myself. Don't be invisible, that's my place.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:00 PM

Things are getting out of hand. I have people dropping out of the swap because of this and it ends here. If you have a comment to make about this matter send a pm to the person or to me and not discuss this anymore on the swap thread. This thread is suppose to be fun and we are adults here. So have fun d a r n it!! Lori
Old 10-30-2011, 05:31 PM

YEP! we are to have LOADS of FUN EVERYONE ! YIPEE we get our November secret swap names in a few days!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:20 PM

I can't wait to get my new swap partner's name!