Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Banned

Here is another mini "clue"

It is FSL machine embroidery. I WON'T say what the
final design is going to be, but this is the first step.

And the second photo is a sneak peek that is also being
included.

mini clue
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265864[/ATTACH]

sneak peek
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265865[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-265811.jpe   attachment-265812.jpe  
Old 10-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Hi everyone, back from the cancer center with Marty for her 3rd chemo treatment she is toleranting hem so well gas had no nausea at all. I keep kidding her about clumps of hair falling out but that hasn't happened yet either! Sounds like everyone is all excited about this month's swap and I hope we have a better month with no late mailers! Beautiful day here treesa are changing colors and the sun is shining.
Lori, I am so glad Marty is tolerating the chemo so far. Prayers are being kept up for her!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:44 AM

If these hints are about the same pal I may still be in with a chance but if they are about two different pals I am out of the running so its down to the other Brits.

Krystina I like grey (although didn't put that down) and that's how you spell the colour Gray is a name!!!!!

My package is just about ready, I need to make something and its ready to go, so that is my job for tomorrow. Have been shopping to get some things to suit her and will raid my SP basket then we are good to go.

Will try to think of another clue that won't give the game away. I'm not saying if anyone has guessed yet.

Canny

Originally Posted by candi
Woo hoo!! I am loving riding my special broom to stalk y'all!!! Wish I know who sent it to me. Can you all see me zipping by? :mrgreen:

Koko, so glad to have you back on...I sent you a PM and I guess you didn't want to repond :wink: But big thanks for the yummy chocolate FQs you sent me :mrgreen:

Krystyna, neither of my packages contains a snake...so rest assured if you were my pal, you will not be getting a snake from me :P

Well, here is another hint: one of my pal's listed "grey" as either her favorite or least favorite color, and one listed bright colors as her favorite ornleast favorite colors, or maybe that is the same pal... :mrgreen:

I made mug rugs for both of my pals, ome of them actually gave a not very subtle hint that she would like one. In a little bit, I will heading over to the LQS to quilt my fall quilt and shop for my pals. Two packages will be leaving MA tomorrow: one will be flying over the ocean, and one will be staying close to the Atlantic. :mrgreen:
Old 10-03-2011, 10:51 AM

Heading only a state away from us.
Originally Posted by mooretll
Got my name will put togather and ship this week.
Debbie, where is your package going this month my friend. Surely can't be me. :?:

As a matter of fact, no hints sound like me anymore.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise
Here is another mini "clue"

It is FSL machine embroidery. I WON'T say what the
final design is going to be, but this is the first step.

And the second photo is a sneak peek that is also being
included.
I love your embroidery and the quilt themed crossword puzzle fabric!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Woo hoo!! I am loving riding my special broom to stalk y'all!!! Wish I know who sent it to me. Can you all see me zipping by? :mrgreen:

Koko, so glad to have you back on...I sent you a PM and I guess you didn't want to repond :wink: But big thanks for the yummy chocolate FQs you sent me :mrgreen:

Krystyna, neither of my packages contains a snake...so rest assured if you were my pal, you will not be getting a snake from me :P

Well, here is another hint: one of my pal's listed grey as either her favorite or least favorite color, and one listed bright colors as her favorite ornleast favorite colors, or maybe that is the same pal... :mrgreen:

I made mug rugs for both of my pals, ome of them actually gave a not very subtle hint that she would like one. In a little bit, I will heading over to the LQS to quilt my fall quilt and shop for my pals. Two packages will be leaving MA tomorrow: one will be flying over the ocean, and one will be staying close to the Atlantic. :mrgreen:
The surprise is over. It's me. No one other than Brits spells that awful non-color with an "e" and as far as being close to the Atlantic, if I go for a walk and trip, I'm IN it. You are about as subtle as a jackhammer!
Well, I am not sure why you are too sure it is you. :D
And I personally love the color gray. Especially silver metallic ones, I think they make a great background color, imagine them set with beautiful colorful batiks in just the right pattern, they'd make for a sharp dramatic look, in my taste anyway. And speaking of batiks, here is another hint: one of my pals listed batiks as a favorite and the other as a a least favorite. :P
Old 10-03-2011, 12:44 PM

Heading only a state away from us.
Got my name will put togather and ship this week.
Debbie, where is your package going this month my friend. Surely can't be me. :?:

As a matter of fact, no hints sound like me anymore.
Woo hoo!! Georgia and Alabama watch out for this package :arrow: :thumbup:
Old 10-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Swap Hosts

Don't know why I keep reading. I know who has me as an SP. There is NO DOUBT in my mind. So no need to guess. She is losing her touch. Too transparent.

As for hints about my SP ... OK, I made up the part about her having feet. Actually, she hasn't mentioned whether she has them, or just one. Or maybe an extra dangling from her knee or ankle.

But she has very loose teeth and cannot have candy, one squinty eye that makes it hard to see her stitches, and she often quilts using strands of her own hair.

Is it you?

MY SP
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265906[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-265853.jpe  
Old 10-03-2011, 12:47 PM

Louise, I know your package is not mine, but I surely like that part of the embroidery you are doing.

Lori, so glad Marty is responding well to treatment.

Canny, If you want to tell me who your SP is, I can probably help you come up with a clue that confuses but doesn't give away, lol.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by thomp116
Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene
Good Morning everyone! It's starting to feel like fall here, only 43 which is cool for us! But I'm loving it! Thought I would add one more hint... my sp lives way north of me and she's having an even cooler morning than me!
How "way" north? It's cooler here!
Other hints Crafty Darlene mentioned earlier were that her pal likes to read, coffee and batiks. Does it sound like you?? :mrgreen: I know it is not me, I don't drink coffee. :P