Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-04-2011, 12:55 PM

Perhaps if we picked a color combination hodge podge would work.

I will help.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
We just need to hear from Lori as to whether she will be willing to put the blocks together. What do you all think of a possible backing? Or is hodgepodge good?
That sounds like a great idea to me and I think that hodgepodge or musln would be good either one!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
We just need to hear from Lori as to whether she will be willing to put the blocks together. What do you all think of a possible backing? Or is hodgepodge good?
That sounds like a great idea to me and I think that hodgepodge or musln would be good either one!
Great! Does she have any favorite colors? Brights or pastels?
Old 10-04-2011, 02:01 PM

I was thinking the same. I have discounted myself from Candi's as I don't think I fit with many of her clues unless she is trying to confuse me(not very hard I must admit). How about you do you fit the clues she is giving? Come on Kriscraft99 how about a little bit more of a clue? You know you want to.

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Oooooh, this one looks as if it is an international one. Perhaps I could help with clues? Which country is it flying towards? :XD:

Refers to Kriscraft99's post, forgot to quote the original :oops:
Old 10-04-2011, 02:15 PM

Gday Lori,
I am just trying to catch up with all the Boards msg's and there is so many. I work full time and only get the time after work or on the w/ends to try and catch up.
On reading through i see that Marty is getting through her treatment. I remember 5 and 1/2 years ago on his 21st bday, when my son was going through the same thing, he had a rare Leukaemia and they didn't know how to treat it, so just hit him hard with radiotherapy and all the cancer drugs. It was hard to go through, but he had such a great sense of humour and made all laugh around him, which made it easier for him. There was one time where he had to walk the corridors of the hospital with his IV stand in tow and a sign on his back stating back log of wind, fall back, and the nurses would clock him each time he passed their station. We are now 2011 and he his a beautiful healthy young man now married. All my love and heart felt goes to you and yours through this time. {{{hugs}}}

Lori Peercy wrote:
Hi everyone, back from the cancer center with Marty for her 3rd chemo treatment she is toleranting hem so well gas had no nausea at all. I keep kidding her about clumps of hair falling out but that hasn't happened yet either! Sounds like everyone is all excited about this month's swap and I hope we have a better month with no late mailers! Beautiful day here treesa are changing colors and the sun is shining.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:18 PM

Gday, I would love to join you in this project if you decide to go ahead. Please let me do something. {{{hugs}}}

Just an idea - Lori let me know what you think - I know that chemo patients can get very cold and a little quilt is always welcome. What if we put together a quilt as you go piece for Marty? Blocks would be 12" pre-quilted squares with 1" backing extending around so you can sew them together and Lori can do the sewing together! Here's a url on how to do it http://www.quilterscache.com/H/howto...neatatime.html
The backing would be different and perhaps if those who make a block could use muslin it wouldn't be so crazy ... but then crazy is good, too.
Sorry for volunteering you, Lori, but I am swamped right now and also making something special for each of our members who suffered a recent loss.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by pennyj123
Gday, I would love to join you in this project if you decide to go ahead. Please let me do something. {{{hugs}}}

Just an idea - Lori let me know what you think - I know that chemo patients can get very cold and a little quilt is always welcome. What if we put together a quilt as you go piece for Marty? Blocks would be 12" pre-quilted squares with 1" backing extending around so you can sew them together and Lori can do the sewing together! Here's a url on how to do it http://www.quilterscache.com/H/howto...neatatime.html
The backing would be different and perhaps if those who make a block could use muslin it wouldn't be so crazy ... but then crazy is good, too.
Sorry for volunteering you, Lori, but I am swamped right now and also making something special for each of our members who suffered a recent loss.
Jump on in!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:20 PM

I'm horrible at clues, I'm not as quick witted (or sneaky) as Krystyna or Candi...

Let's see... my Pal lives a long ways from me. She is working on several quilting projects and likes an upcoming Holiday.

That's it.... that is all I can give w/o giving it away.

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
I was thinking the same. I have discounted myself from Candi's as I don't think I fit with many of her clues unless she is trying to confuse me(not very hard I must admit). How about you do you fit the clues she is giving? Come on Kriscraft99 how about a little bit more of a clue? You know you want to.

Oooooh, this one looks as if it is an international one. Perhaps I could help with clues? Which country is it flying towards? :XD:

Old 10-04-2011, 02:23 PM

count me in too :thumbup:

Originally Posted by pennyj123

Jump on in!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
I'm horrible at clues, I'm not as quick witted (or sneaky) as Krystyna or Candi...

Let's see... my Pal lives a long ways from me. She is working on several quilting projects and likes an upcoming Holiday.

That's it.... that is all I can give w/o giving it away.

Originally Posted by cannyquilter

Hmmm could be, perhaps, just maybe me!?!