Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: October Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes September 30th 4pm CST

Waiting patiently...............................

I am waiting with anticipation, it has been a few months since I have done the swap, so I am overly excited. I am going to a big quilt shop tomorrow and hope to find some goodies.

Got my name....HINTS: SP I have had you before, you live NW of me, you collect a common item, no fur babies and you like to read. That's all I am giving away, and that's a lot!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

My pal this month is a very easy going and happy person.with fur babies.
    Mary

I'm waiting with anticipation!

My SP is only 2 states away. She enjoys reading which I can relate to as I am a librarian. I am going to my local quilt store today to pick up something they are holding for me...so maybe I will pick up something for her too.

Blog Entries
    All names are given out, if you do not have a name contact me by pm asap.

My SP lives a long way away I've not had her before and she seems easy to please. She's a grandma, no fur babies. I've got a good idea of what to get/make her.
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

My SP and I both dislike the same color fabric. Another clue tomorrow.

My SP lives north of me, which actually IS a good clue. I think I'll include some Halloween-themed items. Tis the season and all. This is my first SP swap so I'm a little anxious. Excited too!

madbury-have fun!

I can't remember if I've had this person before or not...probably because we are both involved in more than one activity on here and have both been around the board for awhile...and she has a furbaby
    Brenda

so excited for the month of October!!! Its my favorite, and the day after Halloween is the best for awesome decorations and some of the best sells for Halloween fabric! SP: You have a couple of fur babies and you don't like the same kind of candy as me. Your favorites are also very similar to mine!

got my name and working on your package, I only wish I could make you something.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Beautiful quilt... quiltingdragon!

and welcome to the swap Amanda.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingdragon View Post
    We had a beautiful quilt show for our guild this weekend. I only got one entry made, plus a challenge quilt from year before last (we do a show every other year, so next one is Sept 2015). It is called the Rainbow Connection, as it is made from many rainbow bits I was gifted with or made bits of. There are pieces from several swap partners in here, and it was quilted for me by Sewdamncute!

SP: i also hope you like hand made items. They'll be crocheted because i can take it to work with me to work on.

Received my SP info and am not sure if I've had you before or not but we both have the same dislikes when it comes to candy and the one thing you would like the most I already have! This is going to be fun! SP you live West of me. Y'all have a great day!

Blog Entries
    Hi Ladies!!!! I'm back! I've missed you all so much. And to everyone I owe a PM to ... I'm catching up, so please forgive me.
    Almost one year has passed since Sandy and we are no closer to getting back home then we were then. Sad to say we're not alone. Nearly everyone whose home was substantially damaged is in the same boat. While we had insurance, many did not.

The last few weeks I've been overwhelmed with finishing the inventory for the contents portion of the flood insurance claim before the deadline. I'd been putting it off for months first because it was too painful to do, and then because it was so insane to stare at photos of stuff in the mud and try to guess what it used to be. I finally finished only to learn that we have another six month extension -- so I guess I wasn't the only person in that predicament.

Rebuilding the house is going to be so ridiculously expensive that we have put the land up for sale. If we get our price, we'll just buy another house nearby ... which we need to do because the FEMA money for rent will run out soon. There are supposed to be grant programs to help you rebuild and help with rent when FEMA runs out, but no one has seen a penny of it ... except for the dirty politicians who have hired friends and family to administer the programs at $85,000 a year. Well, good for them. I'm glad someone is employed because of this disaster.

But I'm grateful to have a roof over my head and food to eat and clothing to wear and a sewing machine and fabric.

On another front, my husband was diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm and was supposed to have surgery on Monday but the machine broke and he hasn't been rescheduled yet. If it goes, he's gone. And then during the CAT scans they found some nodules in his lungs that are too small to diagnose now so they will need a follow up. I need to have pelvic reconstruction soon as my innards are rapidly becoming my outards. But that will wait til hubby is patched up.

On a happier note I have my SP. I've had her before or she's had me. She likes fluffy fabric thingies, lives in the south and her breath is always minty fresh. She is one prolific quilter/sewer who just never stops stitching.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Oh Krystyna, I am so sorry you are going through all of this. I hope they get that machine fixed quickly so your husband can get his operation. One of the benefits of living where I do - no natural disasters! And no giant spiders.

Oh my goodness K... Hang in there. Prayers said for you and your family.
    I have missed you!

Got my sp. we dislike the same candies and have opposite tastes in fabrics. Also you are on the same side of the country as me. It may take a little longer because you asked for something handmade

Power Poster
    My package is almost ready for my secret pal. You live in the sunshine state.
    K, it is good to hear from you, sorry for the bad things going on in your life. Prayers to you and your husband.

Krystyna so glad you are back and of course you and your DH are in my prayers! So sorry it is taking so long with your home, insurance and all of it! A friend of ours just got his new flood insurance policy thought it said 1,200 a yr guess what it was 12,000, yes dollars! Crazy! My sis and her family life right on the water also she hasn't got hers yet but I'm sure hers will be more!!
    SP I've never had your name but I've mailed to your state lots of times and it is where my DH is orginally from and where we met. Your favorite candy has lots of .... You've been sewing along time ... your words not mine! LOL!

Welcome back Krystyna.
    Mary

Welcome back Krystyna! Sorry to hear things are not improving for you yet - hopefully they will soon.
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Blog Entries
    I missed it for Oct. Thats what happen when you are retired and don't pay attention to dates.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast