Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • October Secret Pal Swap -  Update  11-22-10 >
  • October Secret Pal Swap - Update 11-22-10

• October Secret Pal Swap - Update 11-22-10

Old 11-25-2010, 05:08 AM

Oh YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMy. We should have a Thanksgiving Food Hop. Wouldn't that be just hilarious hopping all over the country for a Thanksgiving hop. LOL

Pat
    homecaregiver
    Old 11-27-2010, 06:02 AM

I just got back in town last night, and had a WONDERFUL squishy from SuzanneTX. Cute little embroidery scissors, Kansas Troubles charm pack (my fav), Lifesaver Gummies (oh so yummy, also my fav), a beautiful handmade neeedlepoint card, white tea and pomegrante tea bags, notepad with a cute little pen, and an adorable handmade sewing angel. Suzanne, you are the best! You shouldn't have, but I'm so glad you did!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-134472.jpe  
    Old 11-27-2010, 09:22 AM

My package arrived from MsShawn yesterday afternoon. I opened it and was taking out the amazing things MsShawn sent when my daughter walked in the room and said "Mom what are you doing? I thought you weren't suppose to open your secret pal package till next month." I explained that is Secret santa package which is still put away. This was my Oct secret pal swap, it got sent a little late. It was so full it looked like a Christmas present!
    THANK YOU Ms Shawn! it is amazing. I can't believe how much stuff you have in my package. So much fabric-I bet there is enough to make a quilt top. 2 angels, one is a home made standing angel with spools and buttons for arms and feet-(did you make this?) and a shiny angel ornament, a hand made star ornament wrapped in more fabric, a star pillow, hand made pincushion, packages of piping trim(2), bias tape(2), green ruffle more than 2 yds long, 3 plastic containers: 1-w/ q pins, 1 buttons, 1-w/ appliques, buttons and more q-pins; ribbon, earings, Christmas mug, Christmas towel, 3 long stem roses and 2 packages of Lindor truffles. I am truly overwhelmed.
    Well you can see why my daughter thought I was breaking into my Christmas package! I am still amazed and speechless- luckily my fingers can type. ;) wow. Thank you, again Ms Shawn. I do hope all is well with you and your family.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-134520.jpe  
    Old 11-27-2010, 11:42 AM

You both got very pretty packages..worth the wait for sure.
    Old 12-12-2010, 08:51 AM

Yesterday I received the most amazing package from my proxy secret pal, Cajunquilter2! The gold panda fabric, besides being beautiful, is a polished cotton. I love the oriental fabric, and I think I see a table runner waiting to be made. As you can see from the pic, she also included a set of templates, a pattern, pins, a little gripper, sandwich box, and a magnetic notepad that matches the card she sent. Oh, and lots of sweets!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-141978.jpe  
    Old 12-12-2010, 08:56 AM

Wowza! You deserve all that for having to wait so long.

Enjoy your squishy and thank you CajunQuilter2 for being such a great person!

Suzanne
    Old 12-12-2010, 08:57 AM

And thanks to you Suzanne for all your hard work!
    Old 12-12-2010, 11:44 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by lauriejo
    Yesterday I received the most amazing package from my proxy secret pal, Cajunquilter2! The gold panda fabric, besides being beautiful, is a polished cotton. I love the oriental fabric, and I think I see a table runner waiting to be made. As you can see from the pic, she also included a set of templates, a pattern, pins, a little gripper, sandwich box, and a magnetic notepad that matches the card she sent. Oh, and lots of sweets!
    Glad you liked everything and I am not sure I explained about the sandwhich box. :oops: I have one that I use to keep all my quilting pins in and it works awesome so I thought you might like one as well. I know you must have thought I was crazy putting that in there. LOL
    Glad you liked it all, I had alot of fun putting it together for you and it was VERY hard for me to keep my mouth shut that is was on its way to you so that you would really be surprised. :lol: :lol:
    Old 12-12-2010, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
    Originally Posted by lauriejo
    Glad you liked everything and I am not sure I explained about the sandwhich box. :oops: I have one that I use to keep all my quilting pins in and it works awesome so I thought you might like one as well. I know you must have thought I was crazy putting that in there. LOL
    Glad you liked it all, I had alot of fun putting it together for you and it was VERY hard for me to keep my mouth shut that is was on its way to you so that you would really be surprised. :lol: :lol:
    I like the sandwhich box...especially the hearts on it. Never thought to use it for pins but it's a great idea.
    Old 12-13-2010, 08:54 PM

I have to give a BIG and HEARTFELT Thank You to Suzanne for stepping in when my SP flaked on this swap. I responded to her PM asking if I had received my swap yet and I told her that I had not. I did not expect her to send anything to me. I just wanted to make sure the person who flaked didn't participate to do that to anyone else.

Well, when I got back from vacation, I had a package waiting for me from TX. Suzanne had looked at my form and sent me the sweetest present.

So thank you so much for your kindness!! I truly appreciate it and all that you do in organizing these swaps!!

Here is a picture of the great squishy she sent to me!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-143013.jpe