Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap -  Update  11-22-10 >

October Secret Pal Swap - Update 11-22-10

October Secret Pal Swap - Update 11-22-10

Old 11-24-2010, 06:45 AM

Oh my, Suzanne, I just looked too. Were you able to get in touch with the pals that were supposed to be sending out packages and didn't? I can understand having a family emergency and missing a deadline, but not sending at all!!! What could be your excuse for that?

Originally Posted by SuzanneTx
And this is exactly the reason why we are not going to be able to continue the swaps.

Originally Posted by Qbee
I just looked at the list...are there really 16 that have not yet received packages from October? Can we all send in some stuff or do something to get them packages? I so enjoy doing this; I'd hate for it not to continue :( Hopefully it is all working out and you're hearing from everyone! By the way....thanks again for doing this!!! I hope your family is beginning to recover from your recent loss.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:38 AM

Yeah but that is why they did the feedback thing so hopefully it will get better since folks who don't follow up at all won't be able to participate in future swaps.
We can't give up hope yet...that system just started. :?
I have confindence :D

And this is exactly the reason why we are not going to be able to continue the swaps.

Originally Posted by Qbee
I just looked at the list...are there really 16 that have not yet received packages from October? Can we all send in some stuff or do something to get them packages? I so enjoy doing this; I'd hate for it not to continue :( Hopefully it is all working out and you're hearing from everyone! By the way....thanks again for doing this!!! I hope your family is beginning to recover from your recent loss.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:21 AM

There isn't 16. On my liast I have 4 that weren't received and 2 I haven't heard from, so it's not as bad as it looks.

Honestly, I have been told that if we don't have 100% completion in December, we won't be allowed to do organized member to member swaps anymore. It's also the reason why things have to be made before signing up for swaps.

Hope everyone has an awesome Thanksgiving. I'm up to my elbows in flour.

Suzanne
Old 11-24-2010, 12:23 PM

Your numbers sound much better, Suzanne. Hopefully you'll hear that the two got their packages...
It would be sad for us who love this swap and follow through to not be able to swap because of a few who don't respect others. Hopefully we'll have 100% completion in December.
Of course, I am assuming that the ones that didn't follow through won't be allowed to participate.....

Thanks to you and Bonni for organizing this swap and Happy Thanksgiving! What are you making??

There isn't 16. On my liast I have 4 that weren't received and 2 I haven't heard from, so it's not as bad as it looks.

Honestly, I have been told that if we don't have 100% completion in December, we won't be allowed to do organized member to member swaps anymore. It's also the reason why things have to be made before signing up for swaps.

Hope everyone has an awesome Thanksgiving. I'm up to my elbows in flour.

Suzanne
Old 11-24-2010, 12:42 PM

I made some apple/raisin filled biscuits, pumpkin bread, getting basic dry ingredients for yeast rolls and then 6 packages of cornbread mix for dressing. I have most everything done for tomorrow. I will make my pork roast tomorrow and then my dressing. But I have fruit salad made, green bean casserole ready to go in the oven, eggs boiled for deviled eggs. My pork roast will be made in a pressure cooker (my first time and I'm really scared). So most everything should be done in an hour tomorrow.

I also need to clean my bathrooms and do some sweeping and mopping. Basic stuff before company comes over.

What are you making?

Suzanne
Old 11-24-2010, 01:14 PM

I'll make my dressing today so the spices can "soak in" over night. I already have the cornbread drying up, etc. I have my cranberries done, pound cake done, Reeses PB cup/cookies done, sweet potatoe filling done...hmmm...I think that's it. I'm actually waiting for the dishwasher to finish to start round #2...LOL. I'll do the fruit salad, baked beans, mashed potatoes, put rolls to rise, etc. tomorrow. Oh...I still have pies and cobbler to do tonight. It is cold and rainy here so it's actually a great day to be cookig :D .......well....or napping!
Old 11-24-2010, 04:32 PM

Yum! Can I can come?
Well, hubby has to work tomorrow, so we are not going to my parents' like we normally do (they are about five hours drive from here). So it is going to be just the two of us this Thanksgiving....we are having the whole family over for Christmas though, so that is OK.

I am not really making anything traditional, we are actually indulging on an appetizers feast: artichoke and olive dip, smoked salmon and dill bruschetta, creamy crab cakes with capers and spiced chickpeas. Upside down pineapple cake for dessert, that should do us!

I made some apple/raisin filled biscuits, pumpkin bread, getting basic dry ingredients for yeast rolls and then 6 packages of cornbread mix for dressing. I have most everything done for tomorrow. I will make my pork roast tomorrow and then my dressing. But I have fruit salad made, green bean casserole ready to go in the oven, eggs boiled for deviled eggs. My pork roast will be made in a pressure cooker (my first time and I'm really scared). So most everything should be done in an hour tomorrow.

I also need to clean my bathrooms and do some sweeping and mopping. Basic stuff before company comes over.

What are you making?

Suzanne
Old 11-24-2010, 05:15 PM

What are you making?

Suzanne
Oh it has been years since I made a pork roast in the pressure cooker. It is so good, but always made me just a little nervous. LOL
Old 11-24-2010, 05:23 PM

We are eating with some of our Alamo Rose Family, fifteen of us. Menu is turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, candies sweet potatoes, noodles, dressing, gravy, relish plate, layered lettuce salad, green bean casserole, corn casserole, vegetable medley with cheese sauce, yeast rolls, deviled eggs, cranberry salad, vegetable salad, pumpkin pie, lemon pie, banana pie, blueberry cobbler. Did I say we had enough to feed an army?

We will come back and have supper and dessert later in the evening.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:04 AM

doesn't it all sound so good...we're havin: turkey/ cornbread dressing,roasted vegs;southwest corn,relish tray,cranberry sauce, then carrot cake, german choc. pis , and an idoits delit, we're trying to keep this semi healthy, as i'm diabetic, but ya know , 1 day, then i'll be good.. ya'll have a GOOD day with famil and friends...your quiltin friand----molly