Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Official brick swap (CLOSED). Please read if you participated. >

Official brick swap (CLOSED). Please read if you participated.

Official brick swap (CLOSED). Please read if you participated.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:48 PM

Has anyone heard from Quilting G since her last post here? I pm'd her a couple of days ago but got no response. I sure hope everything's OK!
Old 04-16-2009, 03:24 PM

I am sorry everyone. What was going to be a 2 night stay with my in laws turned into almost 2 weeks. My ML is in the early stages of Alzheimer’s and my FL is going through some medical issues. We went down for what was suppose to be a Dr. visit and when we realized he could barely take care of his self and has only been able to drink ensure and eat barely anything and ML not up to things in the kitchen. So I left yall in the lurch and I am sorry and know you understand. FL still sick and he goes to hospital next week for some test and another day he goes for biopsy. I am home for a few days to get what I need and back to their house for who knows how long. I was able to get a lot of things done at their house that has kept being put off. I hope to get all the swapping done tomorrow or sat at the latest.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:06 PM

Thank you for the update on the bricks.

So sorry for the issues with your in-laws. It sure is hard as our parents get older. While you are taking care of everything and everyone else, remember to take care of yourself, too.

My list of things to sew is always longer than my arm, and I've got lots of fabric to work with, so for me, no rush with the bricks!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:51 PM

No rush at all ... take your time. When things settle down for you is time enough.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:51 AM

Take care of the family! We are still going to be here! Your family will be in our prayers!
(My concern was that my bricks got there at all!!)
Kendra
Old 04-25-2009, 10:09 AM

Quilting G I hope things are going better for you...I just wanted to request that you post or send a pm when you do send out the bricks so I know when to start looking for a package...no rush, family comes first.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:24 AM

I finally got them in the mail today. The post office gave me the wrong envelopes the first time and wanted an additional $10 per envelope so I had to redo them. You should each have at least 70 blocks. You should have more, as some of you were vary generous and sent extras. I do not think we had many if any repeats so you should have a least 70 different blocks. Again I apologize for the delay you should have them soon. I must say I was very impressed with the fabric selections. There were several blocks I wish I had a few yards of as they were beautiful. I am heading back to my in-laws and plan on taking my sewing stuff so I can work on my quilts while there. I thank you for your prayers and support. I should be able to post while there as I am surprising them with a wireless system as I hate getting on to someone else’s computer.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:51 PM

Thanks so much. Our thoughts have been with you and will continue to be. Appreciate you taking the time to do this while you've been so busy.
Blessings!
Shirley
Old 05-02-2009, 08:26 AM

Just got back from my mailbox and my bricks were there! I looked through them and was amazed at the variety of fabrics and no repeats!

Barb M., you must have done lots of exchanges, I loved your idea of putting your bricks together and pinning them so the organizer didn't have to do anything but put a set on each pile. I think I'll borrow this idea if I do another exchange.

This was my first exchange and I think I'm hooked! My only problem is that I don't usually pre-wash my fabrics so that may keep me out of further exchanges. I haven't figured out a good system yet for keeping those fabrics separated. Of course, if I had an actual quilting room instead of taking over the dining room, that might help. :D

Thank you so much Quilting G for organizing this exchange and getting our packages to us in the midst of your family challenges. Thank you to everyone else for sending great fabrics!!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:37 PM

I can't wait to get my bricks! I was making the 4 patches, black & white. Dummy me, didn't look at the pattern until I had made 18 sets. Guess what- I cut them 2 1/2" wide instead of 2" wide. Now I'm making a bricks and cobblestones with 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" bricks. Well, I needed another donation quilt for our reunion anyway. :)

I never did a swap before. I just organized my bricks and pinned them because I thought that's what I was supposed to do. :) I'm REALLY looking forward to getting my bricks! What an awesome way to get lots of fabrics without spending tons of money!!!!

Thanks everyone for playing along!

Barb