Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
"Once Upon a Time In My Garden" PP Block Swap with a "Twist" >

"Once Upon a Time In My Garden" PP Block Swap with a "Twist"

"Once Upon a Time In My Garden" PP Block Swap with a "Twist"

Old 05-18-2012, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
RW it looks like a happy fruit face. I say that because my hubby sees smilie faces in everything. I must be turning in to him. Anyway, it made me chuckle and I LOVE it.

I've been trying to make up a flamingo pattern with its head down. I took the pic from a picture on a mirror my hubby inherited from his grandfather. Making PP patterns isn't so easy.
Thanks Sheri!

On page nine Anna posted a site for a free flamingo pattern. Here it is again:
http://www.reocities.com/pcpiecers/flamingo_left.html If you go to the bottom of the page there is a link to take you to the main page. Click on that to see the picture of the finished flamingo.

She also posted one for sale just under the free one. You might want to take a peek??

Old 05-18-2012, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
Been busy this morning exploring the internet to find 'more' pp patterns. Here is a site I ran into. Lots of free patterns available. http://sewhooked.com/free-quilt-patterns/
Thanks so much for sharing with us this link Linda! Looks like a lot of fun patterns for sure!
Old 05-18-2012, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
Linda great links with paper piecing patterns. I like how many of them are rated as to how hard they are to make. I had a good chuckle when I got to the tire. I was wondering why they made the water melon grey/black. Take a good look at it. Wouldn't that pattern make a good watermelon if they changed the color? LOL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ofenjen/6812475757/
Anna, you are right, that tire would look great as a watermelon! Got my mouth watering for the melons my DH will be growing this year. I love living where the sun shines enough to grow watermelons. And, canteloupes, I might add. DH always has to grow his big ribbed canteloupes or muskmelons as my Mom always called them.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:51 AM

Okay, here is my little watermellon slice...my 2nd 3 1/2" block for the twist.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336185[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails watermellon-slice.jpg  
Old 05-18-2012, 11:01 AM

Ok Ronda cut it out with the cuteness! I can't make enough blocks to get 1 of everything!
Old 05-18-2012, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
Ok Ronda cut it out with the cuteness! I can't make enough blocks to get 1 of everything!
Fraew, I'm having the same trouble!!! I want one of everything I've seen!!! What to do???

@Ronda, I actually got both those flamingos lol, I'm using them as a pattern to redraw one with her little head down. I was a tad disappointed in the $4. one, the measurements weren't true to her inch marker so I did re-size it, which wasn't a big deal, but for $4, I hope for better lolol..... Sometimes I feel like such a snot... I don't know if I can make it work, I'm not so pro as most of you are...we shall see lol....I just have the best fabric for a flamingo even though I intended on doing a beehive and bee (yeah for the girl that did that bee already!!)
Old 05-18-2012, 11:50 AM

Fraew & SheriR, you girls are making me smile for sure! LOL! I wasn't sure about the little slice, but when I made one, I said to myself...self, I need to make a set of these little guys!

Sorry Sheri the pattern wasn't fabulous, and Carol Doakes is the PP designed...not me! You should have seen me trying to get that stupid watermellon to work (not the little cute slice) out. There must be a computer program out there you could buy to take a normal pattern and turn it into a PP pattern...someone should do that...they would make a lot of money! I'd buy it! Good luck! Can't wait to see it!
Old 05-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Power Poster

Ronda you are out doing yourself! I still only have two blocks. Bleh! Maybe this weekend will be better.
I love these little 3 1/2 inch blocks. Great job!

Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
Okay, here is my little watermellon slice...my 2nd 3 1/2" block for the twist.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336185[/ATTACH]
Old 05-18-2012, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
Exactly, Frae, I feel the same way. [really Ronda, keep it up]
You go girl!
Old 05-18-2012, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
Fraew, I'm having the same trouble!!! I want one of everything I've seen!!! What to do???

@Ronda, I actually got both those flamingos lol, I'm using them as a pattern to redraw one with her little head down. I was a tad disappointed in the $4. one, the measurements weren't true to her inch marker so I did re-size it, which wasn't a big deal, but for $4, I hope for better lolol..... Sometimes I feel like such a snot... I don't know if I can make it work, I'm not so pro as most of you are...we shall see lol....I just have the best fabric for a flamingo even though I intended on doing a beehive and bee (yeah for the girl that did that bee already!!)
Sometimes I feel like such a snot... We're quilters of the QB... we can afford to be snots, right? Right!