Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   ***SIGN-UP CLOSED***10 1/2" layer cake Swap..REDS, REDS, and more REDS… ***SIGN-UP CLOSED*** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%2A%2A%2Asign-up-closed%2A%2A%2A10-1-2%22-layer-cake-swap-reds-reds-more-reds%85-%2A%2A%2Asign-up-closed%2A%2A%2A-t96154.html)

shelrox 02-18-2011 05:31 PM

I had to add one red to the swap pile this time, i was short one. Most of the time I can just "shop" at home, with over 500 yards, wait, make that between 600 - 700 yards at home I can usually cover most requests.. wonder why DH gets upset when he sees me walking in with more>? Today I walked in with a bag and hurried to stick it on the pile with the other three bags from last week. That makes at least another 60 or so yards in a week. And this is not including the shop. LOL

Gwenny 02-18-2011 06:02 PM

I shopped for most. I do not have a lot, unfortunately but in time so need a nice variety. Wish I was like shelrox with 600-700 yards wowow

shelrox 02-18-2011 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gwenny
I shopped for most. I do not have a lot, unfortunately but in time so need a nice variety. Wish I was like shelrox with 600-700 yards wowow

NO NO NO Gwenny dont become like me for it becomes a headache at times, you know you have something and then you cant find it and go out and buy more and then all of a sudden you find it twice over. LOL Have to admit rarely do i buy it at full retail though. I always hit up sales, thrift stores, like today when I came in with approx. 50 yards for $68. All great quality top name cottons, and only one piece has a fade line in it that i found so far. so I am Happy. Then there is owning a shop and buyouts from wholesalers, that is the worse. But I have always been a fabric junkie so...... just wish i could have justified more spending today for I found a neat treasure trove and I did exercise self control..very very hard to do.

sharon b 02-18-2011 06:56 PM

I had to buy mine - so hope I got the right colors/tones :oops:

KarenBarnes 02-18-2011 07:40 PM

Mine were from my stash! I've been saving hearts for the day "when" I'd get a granddaughter instead of a grandson! I also love patriotic fabrics so that is what I sent. Oh, and now I'm getting a granddaughter in May!!!

Qbee 02-18-2011 09:42 PM

Same here :D

Originally Posted by sharon b

luvTooQuilt 02-18-2011 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b

As long as they are red and not burgundy you are fine.. :thumbup:

I have a stash but when I started out I only bought a yard at a time. Its great for scrappy is what I thought, but Ive learned a few things since then and now I buy more- lots more-but for these swaps those yards just dont cut it. I wouldnt have anymore of it left if I cut it all up for this swap.. I was just wondering what you all did..

It made me go ' Hmmmmm.....'

homecaregiver 02-19-2011 06:05 AM

well my stash did not have many reds because it was not a co lor I purchased much of being it was not always my color so yes, I purchased the reds for this swap. Buttttttttttttttttt, I purchased more than I needed so now I have quite a bit added to my red stash.

homecaregiver

jeantro 02-19-2011 10:54 AM

my reds were from my stash but the hearts I only had 2 the others I had to buy

nurse bonnie 02-19-2011 02:19 PM

I am another one who doesn't use alot of red. So, I did buy that. But the hearts were left from Valentine's Day. I didn't really but red for "V" day either, I got pink with sparkles.