Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   ***SIGN-UP CLOSED***10 1/2" layer cake Swap..REDS, REDS, and more REDS… ***SIGN-UP CLOSED*** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%2A%2A%2Asign-up-closed%2A%2A%2A10-1-2%22-layer-cake-swap-reds-reds-more-reds%85-%2A%2A%2Asign-up-closed%2A%2A%2A-t96154.html)

luvTooQuilt 02-05-2011 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by sew scrappy
My little puddle jumper just went right over those snow drifts - not a problem. I hit two LQS's and found only two fabrics with hearts. Dang it, I've got to go shopping again. Three more shops in town, but will do it another day. Can't have all the fun in one day, gotta spread it out.

Of all the fabric you have in your stash you cannot find HEART FABRIC?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Say it aint so.. :|

sew scrappy 02-05-2011 01:53 PM

Nope, no hearts. Got lots of Nascar, black and white checkered, driver fabrics, two bolts of Earnhardt, etc, just no hearts. That's why this is so much fun, it's out of my "norm".

Momma_K 02-05-2011 01:56 PM

It's so!! I had to go to 2 stores today to find hearts! I wound up getting 6 or 7 1/3 yds of hearts. One is so cute I wanted more but got what I could because I had basically NO reds! So bought 5 yards of different ones. Hope someone likes tea pots!

sew scrappy 02-05-2011 02:16 PM

I found the nicest red with black swirls. It said Night and Day on the end of the bolt. I ended up getting a bit more of it than I'll ever need. Nobody told me there was a SuperBowl Sunday sale going on! Well, if I'd ever read the quilt shop's newsletter I might be more aware, eh?

luvTooQuilt 02-05-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
It's so!! I had to go to 2 stores today to find hearts! I wound up getting 6 or 7 1/3 yds of hearts. One is so cute I wanted more but got what I could because I had basically NO reds! So bought 5 yards of different ones. Hope someone likes tea pots!

Momma-k, you do know the 'red' sets do not have to be heart design right.. Just the Twist set has to have hearts or A heart on it..

homecaregiver 02-05-2011 02:40 PM

I am in for 5 sets plus t he Twist

homecaregiver

Momma_K 02-05-2011 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt

Momma-k, you do know the 'red' sets do not have to be heart design right.. Just the Twist set has to have hearts or A heart on it..

NOWWW you tell me!! HA!! Nahhh, kiddin' here. Yeah I knew that. I re-read my post and I thought it sorta sounded like that. BUt all of my reds are good and red! One I found in the basket before they even set it out, still had the plastic wrapping on it. I took it! I was a little leary about how far to go with the "Red" coloring, to dark, to lite, to much pink with it, red and white checks were half white, half red...I wanted to get the red Cherry fabric but was on a budget so maybe next week if I don't send before that.
The heart ones are what I got 1/3 yard of. Enough for the Twist and a little extra. Those were all 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby and JoAnns. Pretty cute if I do say so myself!! Heee heee! :mrgreen:

luvTooQuilt 02-05-2011 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt

NOWWW you tell me!! HA!! Nahhh, kiddin' here. Yeah I knew that. I re-read my post and I thought it sorta sounded like that. BUt all of my reds are good and red! One I found in the basket before they even set it out, still had the plastic wrapping on it. I took it! I was a little leary about how far to go with the "Red" coloring, to dark, to lite, to much pink with it, red and white checks were half white, half red...I wanted to get the red Cherry fabric but was on a budget so maybe next week if I don't send before that.
The heart ones are what I got 1/3 yard of. Enough for the Twist and a little extra. Those were all 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby and JoAnns. Pretty cute if I do say so myself!! Heee heee! :mrgreen:

Any red will work.. Just not a 'pink'- heck id even accept a red crimson too....
Red and white is fine too..
red with yellow swirls work,
red with green polka dot works too..

it does not have to be ALL red.. just has to be 'considered' red when you look at it..

Momma_K 02-05-2011 02:46 PM

Nope, no pinks in this! All reds.

jeantro 02-05-2011 02:57 PM

Ok you have me hooked. I'm in for this one too. I will let you know sunday how many.
thanks