Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2-5-candy-birthday-swap-closed-full-t212411.html)

barbarakibler23 06-10-2013 04:35 PM

Contest time (for once a few minutes early)

Who is this????
my favorite flower: Stargazer Lilies
if I could be anywhere, it would be: on a tropical island
favorite place at my house: my sewing room!
favorite movies: I have several
1 thing growing in my garden: bleeding heart

PM me the board name...by 9pm tomorrow
Barb

barbarakibler23 06-10-2013 04:45 PM

Just to let you know I am on the board but have been really busy....life is overflowth right now with responsibilities!
My parents are 85 and 90 and I am their main caregiver. They live in a house about 20 minutes from me so right now I am spending a lot of time with them. cleaning the house, taking them on errands, drs appt and cooking dinner.

I am the sandwich generation because my daughter is due with a baby in August and they have put her on light duty so she can go to work (sits at a desk all day) but can't do anything at home. so I am cleaning the house, and cooking dinner. Good thing I have a great husband who helps me out and just happy when I throw him a bone for dinner :)
My daughter lives 1 hour away! So I go over there 1-2 times a week. Usually cook her dinners at my house.

anyway I am not complaining (I hope it doesn't sound I like I am...I like helping them all out)

and yes I do work but now I am only working 2 days...something had to give. :)

I have started a jewelry business the link it below if you want to check it out......and I do that in my spare time! :)

Hope everyone is well......love that everyone is becoming friends:)
Barb

carrot 06-10-2013 04:55 PM

Barb--- been there and done that !!! Some day you will look back and be so glad you were able to be there for your parents and your daughter. I will for sure look at your jewelry !! good luck and don't forget to take care of yourself too!

{{{HUGS}}}

Fraew 06-10-2013 05:02 PM

Dang, I just knew I had the right answer....me! Until I saw the bleeding hearts growing in the garden...only weeds here. :D:D Back to the drawing board!

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 (Post 6115158)
Contest time (for once a few minutes early)

Who is this????
my favorite flower: Stargazer Lilies
if I could be anywhere, it would be: on a tropical island
favorite place at my house: my sewing room!
favorite movies: I have several
1 thing growing in my garden: bleeding heart

PM me the board name...by 9pm tomorrow
Barb

SheriR 06-10-2013 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 6115185)
Dang, I just knew I had the right answer....me! Until I saw the bleeding hearts growing in the garden...only weeds here. :D:D Back to the drawing board!

HAHAHA... Threw me off too! We need to get you a plant!

wanda lou 06-10-2013 11:43 PM

thank you everyone for filling my mail box... I will post a picture and list soon.

dottie dodge 06-11-2013 07:42 AM

Received two more birthday candies this morning. Thank you Honchey and Fraew. Fraew those candies were certainly sweet! Honchey the batiks are lovely. I have been saving batik charms to make a charm quilt.

wanda lou 06-11-2013 05:04 PM

I also received from Honchey and fraew as well... I love going to the mail box.

barbarakibler23 06-12-2013 01:07 PM

we have a winner: ahwu...congratulations...your prize will be on the way soon.
Barb

ahwu 06-12-2013 02:23 PM

Yippie! I won! Thank you Barb.<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->