Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2-5-candy-birthday-swap-closed-full-t212411.html)

queenof2802 06-17-2013 01:11 PM

Glad they arrived safely and that you like them :)

Originally Posted by oneteappot (Post 6127799)
I received candies from Tracy,queen of 2802 today! Only have 3 more surprises left to come. What a month it has been and its only the 17 th!
Laurel/oneteappot

Originally Posted by dottie dodge (Post 6127876)
Thanks queen of 2802 for the birthday candies and the extras. What fun!

oneteappot 06-17-2013 01:15 PM

Yes, I forgot to say thanks for the extras. All of you ladies have given such beautiful candies and the extras have been unexpected and very nice.
I am wondering how all of you separate you candies, or if you do. Hints, please.
Laurel

dottie dodge 06-17-2013 03:04 PM

I had intended to stitch each set together and note on the label who and where they were from. Well!!! My granddaughter who is 6 1/2, loves my sewing room and fabrics. I had shown her what I was going to do and putting each set back in their envelopes and then I left to fix us some lunch. She had a ball arranging the squares how she thought they should go. She had the whole floor covered! So now they are just going wherever! LOL

Lstew2212 06-18-2013 03:53 AM

I can't wait, November is so far away. I am glad your birthdays have been so special. I am a happy girl when I get new fabric.

SheriR 06-18-2013 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by dottie dodge (Post 6128029)
I had intended to stitch each set together and note on the label who and where they were from. Well!!! My granddaughter who is 6 1/2, loves my sewing room and fabrics. I had shown her what I was going to do and putting each set back in their envelopes and then I left to fix us some lunch. She had a ball arranging the squares how she thought they should go. She had the whole floor covered! So now they are just going wherever! LOL

Dottie, that's so funny. I did laugh. My 8 yrold GD was here a month or so ago. She was sad because their dog had been sick and her mom and dad were on the way to have him put to sleep. :( Her mom, anxious too, put her in front of the TV with a bag of Oreos. I saw, we had an Oreo together, and I told her I had a job I thought she could do. Poor sad girl followed me to my sewing stuff. I got her two containers and my little packages of "candy". I told her pick your favorites for this container, put mine here. I also taught her what Batik was and she pulled out Batik, Christmas, and neutrals. She began sorting. It went like this: Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Etc... It was so funny! We had a blast. Although I was slightly panicked all my Candy was disappearing..... Oh I miss her. :D (they have a new puppy now...a mastiff. :0 )

dottie dodge 06-18-2013 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 6129172)
Dottie, that's so funny. I did laugh. My 8 yrold GD was here a month or so ago. She was sad because their dog had been sick and her mom and dad were on the way to have him put to sleep. :( Her mom, anxious too, put her in front of the TV with a bag of Oreos. I saw, we had an Oreo together, and I told her I had a job I thought she could do. Poor sad girl followed me to my sewing stuff. I got her two containers and my little packages of "candy". I told her pick your favorites for this container, put mine here. I also taught her what Batik was and she pulled out Batik, Christmas, and neutrals. She began sorting. It went like this: Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Etc... It was so funny! We had a blast. Although I was slightly panicked all my Candy was disappearing..... Oh I miss her. :D (they have a new puppy now...a mastiff. :0 )

Those grandbabies are pretty special. I have my granddaughter every Thursday through Sunday so that her mom can work a second job at night. Dead beat dad. Makes me angry on one hand but I love every minute on the other. "We" are sewing doll clothes this weekend. GD is getting pretty good at sewing a straight line so we shall see what she can do with curves.

Jannie 06-18-2013 09:04 AM

Terry, sorry the month got away from me. I put your candy in the mail today. Hope it doesn't take to long to get there.

sewmany 06-18-2013 02:34 PM

Oneteapot.... Wanda... Abdconsultant... You get my candies.? Mailed the first week of the month.

wanda lou 06-19-2013 09:13 AM

I got mine. Thank you

barbarakibler23 06-19-2013 06:42 PM

Hi Ladies
Just to let you know that I am going on a shop hop tomorrow (thursday) so when I get home I will send out the July birthday babies. If I am too exhausted ( we are going by bus to 7 quilt shops) I will send it all out on Friday.

Barb