Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

jclinganrey 12-24-2012 10:57 AM

I'm interested in participating in this swap and have a quick question. May I send a UFO that I started for my partner to finish? Or is it up to my swap partner and I to decide what we want to do? That could potentially be a fabulous way to finish some of these projects. Just a thought - - - -

Jane

mindless 12-24-2012 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 5738532)
I'm interested in participating in this swap and have a quick question. May I send a UFO that I started for my partner to finish? Or is it up to my swap partner and I to decide what we want to do? That could potentially be a fabulous way to finish some of these projects. Just a thought - - - -

Jane

What a GREAT idea Jane! Fresh eyes! Fresh ideas! Maybe a whole new kinda swap.....

Elisabrat 12-25-2012 11:41 AM

oh no you guys dont! I dont have a ufo to finish :( I have quilt tops done unquilted but that is not a true ufo. Maybe I missed something we can state what type we like colors etc but we do not tell our partners what to make correct? let me know if this is misinterpreted.. or maybe the rules are different each round? its all good with me just curious.

btw came in to say Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope it was/is peaceful and everything you were hoping it would be.

mindless 12-25-2012 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5739937)
oh no you guys dont! I dont have a ufo to finish :( I have quilt tops done unquilted but that is not a true ufo. Maybe I missed something we can state what type we like colors etc but we do not tell our partners what to make correct? let me know if this is misinterpreted.. or maybe the rules are different each round? its all good with me just curious.

btw came in to say Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope it was/is peaceful and everything you were hoping it would be.

Merry Christmas!

Lucky you....no ufos. I can fix that! I can send you a dozen or so.......;)

I love to start em, but when it comes to finishin em up.....not so much. hee hee so I really do have nearly 2 dozen projects going in various stages. Half are cut & ready to sew....just like the kits they sell, but 'home made'. each in a cute little box, complete with instructions & a pic of the desired result. hee hee

jillaine 12-25-2012 01:53 PM

If you want to use a UFO for your swap, describe it in the section "what I'd like to make". I will then seek a partner for you that wants what you're making. This is whAt I did last time and for the most part it worked really well.

Elisabrat 12-25-2012 04:13 PM

I am grand at finishing a top. Then.. I think about quilting it on my regular sewing machine and stuffing it in and out and think argh so I start another top. Three currently awaiting quilting in my ufo box. Other than that.. my boom blocks I received back but I was waiting for the rest to tumble in before I started sewing them into rows. I guess those are ufo's in their own way. If i half make a quilt and its in a box for a month its history. I cant wait to work with my partner on what they would like.

Nexxus831 12-26-2012 12:14 AM

I have never done this swap so this makes me very very very excited

jillaine 12-26-2012 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 5738532)

Jane

While you may use a quilt top or other UFO as a starting point, what you send must be a fully completed quilt.

QuilterMomma 12-26-2012 07:59 AM

I used my ufos for a match up to a person last year. It worked real well, I got my UFOs done, the people who received them were thrilled with them and received back what I wanted. Jillaine is right, it works well that way and they were all completed. Please no more UFOs for me. I am finally getting mine done. I have 104 completed 100%, 10 tops done and waiting for quilting, and six more to get tops done for quilting and binding. So this coming year for this swap, I get to start fresh. That is why I am thinking so hard on what I want to do for this one. I may have to offer up a scrap quilt because I have so many of those and would like to get them used up. So who is wanting a special scrap quilt?

roseirish48 12-26-2012 07:04 PM

i love scrap quilts--will take them anytime--or any other types too. I think I might join this one.