Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

mindless 01-06-2013 03:58 PM

for those of you still looking for fabric, (I'm ALWAYS looking hee hee)- I found this sale: (pages of sale items)
http://www.thousandsofbolts.com/inde...search_string=

I've ordered fabric from here several times & have been pretty happy with what I got

marytoddliz 01-06-2013 04:35 PM

I am waiting to see if I get to join, I guess I have been not paying attention, because I did not know there was a swap that swapped an entire Quilt! That is so totally awesome! I have been reading to catch up, what beautiful choices you have posted so far.

mindless, I love to look at the fabric at thousands of bolts, great site to find special prints.

LovingIzabella 01-06-2013 05:18 PM

Marybeth
I believe our wonderful hostess needs one more for this swap ;)
Hugs
April

TwinRiverFarm 01-06-2013 05:22 PM

Hi there Peggy! How are things in St. Cloud? Glad to have you join our quilty circus here! Yep, Miss Elisabrat is in for a unique experience. I just need to get the hang of taking pictures and posting them, then I can tantalize her with hints and teases.

shortmom5 01-06-2013 06:07 PM

Just sent my two babies back to college today, so now I can fill my quiet days with quilting. So excited to get on with this. Everyone is posting beautiful fabrics! How are we supposed to decide which is our favorite? lol

April I like the idea of a green as the background fabric, I think the white is too stark also. That's just me though:p

oldcatlady 01-06-2013 06:13 PM

I pm'd a few days ago wanting in so I think we have a chance if she decides to expand. I can even tweek my answers if it will match me up w/ someone.

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5767550)
I am waiting to see if I get to join, I guess I have been not paying attention, because I did not know there was a swap that swapped an entire Quilt! That is so totally awesome! I have been reading to catch up, what beautiful choices you have posted so far.

mindless, I love to look at the fabric at thousands of bolts, great site to find special prints.

Elisabrat 01-06-2013 07:00 PM

How could you possibly vote on something like that? they are all going to be beautiful and each one different. A bit of ourselves in a full package. Really really fun. I just need my fabric in hand to start.. probably Wed? I hate waiting! I love the sneak preview.

April the white stands out real big total contrast yet the other one plays more water like.. magical forest stuff.. lol.. so guess its all how you feel. close your eyes squint see the color/contrast from 2 feet back. what do you like best? tada get sewing. lol me I will just sit here and kibitz while I wait.

marytoddliz 01-06-2013 08:05 PM

She is very good at kibitzing you know! I know I have seen it first hand! btw is kibitzing a word suitable for scrabble? I love new words to use in scrabble, or in Words with Friends.

I think I may have caught up on all the pages. I did have to send my email address too since I forgot to! I am looking through my patterns to see what can fit in the required spaces. Can't wait to see if I make it!

marytoddliz 01-06-2013 08:06 PM

Catlady I will trade with you if she allows, I am not sure you will like my loud bright choices... but you never know. I do have some other fabric to play with.

didi 01-07-2013 02:54 AM

Wow..oldcatlady and marytoddlis. I do hope that you can join in on the fun. Jillaine is so sweet if there is anyway I'm sure that you will be in on the swap. crossing my fingers.

Mindless, thanks for the fabric site, I was in there all during the game last night Arkansas State (thats my home state) Alabama is my retiring state. DH kept asking me what are you doing on the computer, just looking...at fabric, his answer was "Right".