Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

didi 01-06-2013 09:54 AM

WOW!!!! April the blues ar beautiful And blue is not one of my favorite colors.....can't wait to see the quilt. it will be really colorful I think.

mindless 01-06-2013 12:32 PM

ooooooooooo PRETTY!!!! I LOVE those autumn colors! I don't think I could decide between them....glad I don't have to. lol
And WOW! BLUE is my FaVoRiTE color!!! :D Those are gorgeous!!! (oops, I think I broke my exclamation key)

LovingIzabella 01-06-2013 12:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone. My partners favorite colors are green and blue. I worked up two test blocks to see if I should use white as the background or the blue swirls on the green as I had originally planned to. I am more confused now lol I think the white is too stark and I am afraid the blocks will get lost in the ribbon background. I think black may make it too dark and dreary...ugh I hate when I can't make a decision lol Any input is greatly appreciated.
Hugs
April

Boop56 01-06-2013 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by didi (Post 5766140)
O.K. here's the pic for Boop56 to choose the fabric for her quilt.
Hope these pics go thru.[ATTACH=CONFIG]386172[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]386171[/ATTACH]

Is that coffee/hot chocolate cups peeking out of the top of number 2 pile? That is the group for me!!!! Thanks so much.

mindless 01-06-2013 01:01 PM

:rolleyes:....I like the way the white makes the other colors 'pop' and, you need the contrast. but if you think white is a little too harsh, how about a really light green or yellow? or even a really light gray/blue tone instead of black? maybe the same color as one of the lightest colors in one of your focal fabrics....

Boop56 01-06-2013 01:02 PM

So I have Didi for a partner. I am excited. Her colors that she put down first in favorites was yellow/orange. Since I am from Florida that says sunshine to me. I can send her sunshine. I hope she likes the way I interper it for her. I am excited. Her quilt might just be 'to hot to handel'. LOL Now to stock up on my chocolate and get going. Check 1-Material is ordered. Check 2- two ideas running in my head. Step 3- Practice on scrape pieces before I tackle hers. Later, Gaters!!!!!

Boop56 01-06-2013 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by mindless (Post 5765214)
ok then....here goes! A sneak peek for Ireland Dragon :D

LOVE , LOVE, LOVE , LOVE all those colors!

didi 01-06-2013 01:21 PM

Sneaky, Sneaky, Boop. I tried to cover up most of the coffee material. LOL I ready am glad that you picked that one, its the one I wanted to make...and I think you will like it, too. O.K. Tomorrow I start cutting...got to get it done before the Alabama and Notre Dane game. Here comes the cheese dip and chips.

I love the sunshine and its cloudy now, bring in on up here...yellow, green, brown and orange like the fall leaves., thats my colors.

Boop56 01-06-2013 01:27 PM

Hey twinriverfarm! How are you? Can't wait to see what you have in store for your partner. You do awesome work. Nice to catch up with you again!

IrelandDragonQuilting 01-06-2013 03:47 PM

LovingIzabella - I really really like the white background myself. I agree with mindless it really makes the colors POP!!

I started cutting today, and then changed my mind! hehehehe So I worked on getting some of the colors I want to use together and sorted through. I am excited excited EXCITED!!