Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

jillaine 01-08-2013 06:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And here's the final "map":

[ATTACH=CONFIG]386881[/ATTACH]

jillaine 01-08-2013 06:31 PM

Oh and can I just say that I thought some of the partner groupings were pretty amusing. And no, I did not select partners based on the compatibility of their QB screen names. That said:

2. buddy'smom and shortmom5 - both moms
5. jclinganrey and vanogay - they rhyme
8. LovingIzabella and zzmom - both have Zs in them
11. nclauri and nexxus831 - both start with Ns - okay, so that's not so interesting. ;-) But I bet THEY are!

didi 01-08-2013 06:41 PM

Thanks jillaine, for the map, verrry interested. Yes, I agree the screen names are very neat, I was noticing it too when reading the list of names. I rally think this is going to fun, fun, fun.

jclinganrey 01-08-2013 06:49 PM

Kathleen and I are discussing plans. This is so exciting!!! Gonna be fun!

Jane

jclinganrey 01-08-2013 06:51 PM

Jillaine - - -

I noticed you're from California. What part? You're a loooong way from home. lol

Jane

IrelandDragonQuilting 01-08-2013 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by mindless (Post 5771676)
:D:D:D:D YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!:D:D:D:D Wendy those are beautiful blues!!!!! My FAVORITE COLOR!!!! I love love love them!!!!!! I'm so lucky, I'm so lucky (It's REALLY a good thing you can't here me singing here)....

Yay KGoodhand & Quiltermomof3!!! glad you're in with us!!!

WHOOO HOOOO! I have some plans running through my head, sure hope they work!

jillaine 01-09-2013 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 5772521)
I noticed you're from California. What part? You're a loooong way from home. lol

Born in Long Beach, grew up in La Jolla, lived for a while in Solana Beach, then San Francisco, and Fairfax til the mid 90s when I was swept off my feet by a DC-based DH. Grew up on the beach. (My aunt called us all "barefoot beach bums" -- it was meant in the negative, but we adopted it with pride!)

Been in the DC area for 18 years. And every time (every time) I return to the west coast, my body and soul take a deep, refreshing breath and feel HOME. Unfortunately, something similar happens when my DH visits New England. So here we are.

That said, I love it here. I love our community. And despite all rumors to the contrary, DC is a really wonderful place.

KGoodhand 01-09-2013 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by jillaine (Post 5772465)
And here's the final "map":

[ATTACH=CONFIG]386881[/ATTACH]

Wow! I am the only person out of the States! I feel special!!! Thx for including me!!!

Yosamitesa 01-09-2013 07:45 AM

YEA!!! More from Texas. Hey, I see one from Oregon...What part??? Hubby is from there!!! :)

jillaine 01-09-2013 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by KGoodhand
Wow! I am the only person out of the States! I feel special!!! Thx for including me!!!

You're the only out-of-the-States who applied! Thanks for joining us! (And you're in that part of Canada that "juts" into the space between Michigan and NY/PA. Always makes me think of a Michael Moore documentary where he crosses over into Canada from Detroit to demonstrate how Canadians don't lock their front doors...