Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

jillaine 01-09-2013 08:24 AM

What do you call that section of Texas that juts up north like that? Yeah, there are two of you up there.

Linny 01-09-2013 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
QuilterMomma-Here's some of the fabrics I picked out...........what do you think?

Yosamitesa 01-09-2013 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by jillaine (Post 5773714)
What do you call that section of Texas that juts up north like that? Yeah, there are two of you up there.

Panhandle I think...I'm down in the gulf coast, so I'm not that sure. :)

zzmom 01-09-2013 09:45 AM

Hi Yosamitesa! I'm from near Portland. I guess I'm the only participant from Oregon. Go Beavers!!

shortmom5 01-09-2013 10:05 AM

Yes we are in the Panhandle of Texas :thumbup: It's nice to see where everyone is from.

Nexxus831 01-09-2013 10:36 AM

I am from Oregon also although I now live in Washington State, I go home very often. I was born and grew up in the Eugene Oregon area. Goooo Ducks!!! What about your husband?

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 5773594)
YEA!!! More from Texas. Hey, I see one from Oregon...What part??? Hubby is from there!!! :)

QuilterMomma 01-09-2013 10:42 AM

Ok, we are so much alike as you said. Those fabrics are yummy. How good is this? :eek:

If I took a photo of your fabrics they are big piles of pieces until I get them organized. I could just photo the pile on the floor right now or maybe the cupboard I am going to pull them from.

Originally Posted by Linny (Post 5773808)
QuilterMomma-Here's some of the fabrics I picked out...........what do you think?

roseirish48 01-09-2013 10:42 AM

appears i'm the only one in Minnesota--unless that one dot represents more than one person . so went to Hancocks --decided I didnt like one fabric I had picked up over the weekend so bought a replacement i liked better. also the white i picked up at Mill Ends I decided to replace as not sure if 100% cotton. Now to chose between the two color schemes I'm debating on using-- do I go with brighter or more subdued colors? Decisions,decisions,decisions!

Linny 01-09-2013 10:52 AM

QuilterMomma-good good fabrics okay for you.....as far as the fabrics for me.....show me the pile....just kidding..I know it's going to be a scrappy and all scrappy's are wonderful. When you're all ready to get started I'd love a sneak peek though.

nclauri 01-09-2013 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 (Post 5773987)
I am from Oregon also although I now live in Washington State, I go home very often. I was born and grew up in the Eugene Oregon area. Goooo Ducks!!! What about your husband?

Melinda,

My mom was born in Eugene but grew up near McCredy Springs? I think she graduated from Sweet Home (1954). She moved in her senior year. I can't remember what little town she grew up the majority of her life it, but it wasn't too far from Sweet Home. Her dad worked for the railroad.

Lauri