Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

TwinRiverFarm 01-05-2013 07:32 AM

Now Elisabrat , just calm down a minute girl. I only mentioned Jinny Beyer to give you an example of the kind of colors and blenders I like, I don't expect you to fall down the rabbit hole of debt to actual use them! But they are yummy, aren't they? Her studio is a couple hours north of me and someday I will make a pilgrimage to worship there. No, I hope you will be sensible (hah) and shop your stash for my quilt fabrics. The ones I am thinking of for your quilt are based on a set of FQ's I indulged in last year. But I just have never had a recipient who I thought was worthy of them , until now. You can alert your cat squad that good things are coming to lie on, but no claws please.
Will Melinda's limo have a minibar? Let's enroll her in a Quilters Protection Program, with secret location, a huge stash of fabric goodies and a butler.( he doesn't have to be cute, but he does have to cook well)

Nexxus831 01-05-2013 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by TwinRiverFarm (Post 5763854)
Will Melinda's limo have a minibar? Let's enroll her in a Quilters Protection Program, with secret location, a huge stash of fabric goodies and a butler.( he doesn't have to be cute, but he does have to cook well)

Yes Yes Yes Yes............lol thanks ladies I really am trying to be patient and this weekend should be much better. They gave me a new roomie and she is soooooo much easier and simpler like me. My day nurse yesterday new I was about ready to go off so she told the charge nurse to move her or there was going to be problems down here. Now here is the crazy thing though her last name is Eley and mine is Ehly. is that a mistake waiting to happen. LOL Oh well what will be will be.

@Brat....your right they started calling me last night asking me all kinds of stupid questions like they had gone and lost there minds. I finally just turned my ringer off and told hubby to figure it out not my problem right now. I am a mean wife but come on how can I tell if the lunch meat is good from my hospital bed. Oh and my lovely doctor and I are such good friends he hates mornings too so he likes to come see me at 3pm so I don't think he is in a hurry to get rid of me either.

I would like it if someone would throw some good embroidery to do or go to my house and pick up mine because of course my hubby still doesn't drive (he is from Argentina and never learned). My friends and family are hassling him so bad to get it though. At this point our daughter will have her's before he has his or they will get it together then I will strangle them both and never take them anywhere again.

Alright they want me to walk with my Gertrude (my portable oxygen) and see what my SAT's are. Man to be 41 again oh wait that was only a few months ago. Anyway have a wonderful weekend ladies

mindless 01-05-2013 09:50 AM

just wanna say....

Thank You Jillaine!!!!!! for hosting this swap again for us. :D :thumbup::thumbup: :D

oh.....& I can drive the getaway limo if you still need a driver........hee hee
Quilters Protection Program...hmmmmmm.....I LIKE it!

IrelandDragonQuilting 01-05-2013 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by mindless (Post 5763311)
:eek: Wow! Step away from this board for just 1 day & see what you miss! I'm just now catching up.
Yippee!!!! I Got Ireland Dragon Quilting!!!!!!! Hi Wendy! Nice to meetcha!! (hopping up & down)
I got your message, & I am pming you soonly.
Melinda!!!! You get all better....right now!!! And don't make TwinRiverFarm angry!!! She just might turn you into soup too! :D
:thumbup: Hello Ladies!!! Can't wait to see what all of you do....please don't be shy about posting pics if you are allowed!

HI!!!! I am soooo wicked excited!!!

mindless 01-05-2013 06:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
ok then....here goes! A sneak peek for Ireland Dragon :D

mindless 01-05-2013 06:10 PM

Let me know, Wendy, if you want something a little less bright.....these colors look pretty true to life on my 'puter

can ya tell I'm a little excited too?

Yosamitesa 01-05-2013 06:25 PM

Wow!!! Those are amazing!!!

mindless 01-05-2013 06:30 PM

hah! It's like playing with crayons! This is a Swirl layer cake by Windham

jillaine 01-05-2013 06:32 PM

Good grief, Mindless... you're already going to town on Wendy's quilt.

Okay, here's the thing about quilt size. The point of the "rule" is to keep it manageable.

*IF* both partners are agreeable (and I do mean BOTH) you can alter the size. I just don't want ANYONE feeling like they have to make something larger than 60x60.

I spent the bulk of today cleaning out my quilting room. I've spent the last several months hand-quilting a king-size quilt [what WAS I thinking] that was a present for my inlaws. So I spent no time in this room (otherwise, I'd get distracted away from the hand-quilting), and the room's become a bit "stale".

Also set up my new 1950s featherweight that I got for Christmas. Haven't started sewing on it yet.

Does anyone else ever feel overwhelmed by their fabric? I had a near-panic attack earlier this evening: what am I *doing* with all this?

Yosamitesa 01-05-2013 06:36 PM

I love the swirls!!!