Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

LovingIzabella 01-09-2013 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by zzmom (Post 5774680)
Here are the fabrics chosen for LovingIzabella`s quilt. She loves Orange and it is one of my faves too.
I hope she likes these fabrics!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE these fabrics!! Are those butterflies in there?? WOW!! You did an awesome job picking out fabric for me. Thank you so much I am soooo excited to see what you make!
Thank you!
Hugs
April

zzmom 01-09-2013 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella (Post 5774874)
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE these fabrics!! Are those butterflies in there?? WOW!! You did an awesome job picking out fabric for me. Thank you so much I am soooo excited to see what you make!
Thank you!
Hugs
April

Oh Yeah! I'm so glad I chose well for you! Possibly there may be a butterfly or two...:) Its funny how fabrics can really energize ones enthusiasm even more! I look forward to creating this quilt for you LovingIzabella!

QuilterMomma 01-09-2013 06:57 PM

Linnie's fabric for her quilt

3 Attachment(s)
Ok Linnie, here is what I get to pick from for your quilt. Not sure which pile is best. Yep, those are scraps and small pieces, the tubs are full of scraps and that is only two of them, then that cupboard is full of my special Buggy Barn fabrics which I am leaning most towards for your quilt. Yep, those are mostly scraps but have some good chunks in there as well. Just thought I would let you decide from here. (LOL) If anyone wants to come over and help me get organized, that would be great. Yep this is last years mess I made making the 120 ufo projects.

emc1118 01-09-2013 07:24 PM

Marytoddliz and I have connected, will be communicating more soon. Ideas are buzzing around my head, waiting for one to sit still long enough to grab.

IrelandDragonQuilting 01-09-2013 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Linny (Post 5774311)
Kind of interested to know if many will show pics of fabrics they are using, but not the pattern they have chosen. The one I chose is definitely civil war era and now I'm having fun researching the underground railroad quilt codes...some believe it existed, some don't.....don't know enough about it but the idea is very interesting. Anyway, hope I've chosen a good one.

I hope a lot of you gals show your progress, it is so motivating!! I would show my pattern, but it is all in my head! I am designing Mindless quilt from a few other quilts I seen as motivation. I plan to post photos as I progress :thumbup:

OOooOOoo I have heard about the underground railroad quilt codes! I hope you post photos as well, that is truly interesting and fascinating, I hope you share their meanings with us!! :thumbup:

shortmom5 01-09-2013 08:14 PM

Good night all, sleep well with visions of quilt patterns in all your dreams.

mindless 01-09-2013 08:58 PM

QuilterMomma, that is hillarious!!! (& not totally unlike my pile :rolleyes: )

leakus 01-09-2013 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting (Post 5775173)
I hope a lot of you gals show your progress, it is so motivating!! I would show my pattern, but it is all in my head! I am designing Mindless quilt from a few other quilts I seen as motivation. I plan to post photos as I progress :thumbup:

OOooOOoo I have heard about the underground railroad quilt codes! I hope you post photos as well, that is truly interesting and fascinating, I hope you share their meanings with us!! :thumbup:

I love to see fabrics and progress. I am still trying to choose pattern and fabrics. My partner is a "Surprise me" so I am letting my imagination flow and trying to decide if I want to do something I like or go outside of the comfort zone and do something different.
Any other here has a "surprise me"? what is the "creative" process for you?
Can we talk about the "selecting pattern" flow that you all are going through?
Just to help others (me) LOL!
andrea

Boop56 01-10-2013 07:52 AM

Didi and I just might have to make a playdate and meet halfway and exchange our quilts. That way if she doesn't like it , she can throw it back at me and I can go home and tell my moomy she doesn't play fair. LOL Will try to post pics of some designs I am looking at. My hotspot doesn't want to work for my computer and now battery for camera is dead. One more electronical screwup and I am heading to the lake for some R & R. You all have a great day and if ya don't see anything posted for a couple days don't worry. It's all work in progress.

QuilterMomma 01-10-2013 09:13 AM

Isn't it though. What fun I am having this weekend sorting it all. Oh boy!

Originally Posted by mindless (Post 5775272)
QuilterMomma, that is hillarious!!! (& not totally unlike my pile :rolleyes: )