Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

shortmom5 01-15-2013 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by didi (Post 5788816)
The pattern's name is Musical Pinwheels..yes It is easy, thats all I know how to do???? I have a hard time matching up, but this one is easy to match, so far..

did a google search for the Musical Pinwheels and didn't find anything, who put out the pattern?

Linny 01-15-2013 05:44 PM

QuilterMomma-how nice to receive a ribbon after such a short time long arm quilting....practice really does make perfect.....unless I'm making a baby quilt I have someone else do the quilting..most I make are king size and I can only imagine what kind of a mess I'd get into with my old machine (it's from the 70's but still stitches pretty good with routine maintenance). Another question....do you live near an area called Palouse..think it's a land conservancy, anyway it is so beautiful..we want to go there.

Linny 01-15-2013 05:57 PM

almost forgot....my pattern has a name too, but it's not an official one (dancing bears)....can you just about see it partner? HA....with that I'll say goodnight.

Elisabrat 01-15-2013 09:10 PM

my pattern has a name too! I cant recall it but its bookmarked! wasnt going to say it anyways sorry. I am a total mush with that. secrets secrets. like I can keep a secret. NO. I did order the last splash of color for my quilt it should be here by thursday I hope so I can start cutting .. I am trying no guarantees to make a pattern that the color moves a bit. never done it might suck totally but regardless with such great fabric it is a win lol. I hope. lol. help.lol..

didi 01-16-2013 04:24 AM

shortmom5, its in a book that I got at a garage sale.....pm me and I'll send it to you, if you want.

TwinRiverFarm 01-16-2013 05:42 AM

We have had a lot of rain for the last 3 days, which means I have had a lot of quilting time, hee hee hee. As a result I am putting the last border on Elizabrat's quilt today! Now on to the quilting part, and I am terrified. I FMQ everything, and I admit that I love STID. I don't have the steady hand needed yet for feathers that look like they should, mine look like my molting hens after a dunking. And I love this fabric just as it is, so I don't want to take away from the pattern by overdoing the quilting part. Does this make sense to anyone else? I will probably get it basted and just look at it for a few days for inspiration. And don't even get me started on figuring out the thread colors!

KGoodhand 01-16-2013 05:50 AM

Quiltermomof3 I decided on a pattern for your scrappy quilt!!! Now to start cutting!!! Woohoo!! I love this part!!! Actually making the top!!!! Do you want pics(if I can load them that is!!) or do you want to be surprised!??!!

QuilterMomma 01-16-2013 09:57 AM

The Palouse is only an hour from me going south and yes it is pretty. Has a nice lake in the area. Went to a quilt retreat last July in the ares. So I finally got to see what it looked like myself. The Palouse also contains the college Washington State University. It is a vast area. I suppose for me though, living in Montana nearly all my life, the Palouse can't hold a candle to the Flathead Lake area with the Glacier Mountains. Or, the Beartooth Mountains in the southern central area near Yellowstone Park. Now there is some real pretty country.

Originally Posted by Linny (Post 5789061)
QuilterMomma-how nice to receive a ribbon after such a short time long arm quilting....practice really does make perfect.....unless I'm making a baby quilt I have someone else do the quilting..most I make are king size and I can only imagine what kind of a mess I'd get into with my old machine (it's from the 70's but still stitches pretty good with routine maintenance). Another question....do you live near an area called Palouse..think it's a land conservancy, anyway it is so beautiful..we want to go there.

Linny 01-16-2013 11:28 AM

A few years ago we rented a place on Flathead Lake with our children, and I agree, it is the most beautiful place we have ever visited....water so clear you could see the bottom. The water was cool but we went swimming everyday. How lucky you were to grow up in that beautiful state.

QuilterMomma 01-16-2013 12:04 PM

That explains why you have "dancing bears" in my quilt. Yep, you gave it away. :eek: