Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

QuilterMomma 04-18-2013 01:58 PM

The sun came out yesterday and today. I went to work today. Dragging but a bit, but making it thru. The boss brought me in flowers, a Chai Tea, and gave me a bonus. Said I was much needed here at the office. Was I so surprised. I felt gracious enough they let me out of here to get the surgery done, but to bless me so. Now we can go to family in a better vehicle that may work better for my back. Thinking that sleeping in a full size bed with my husband is so not going to happen. I may go out to my mom's. If that be the case, will take the dog with us instead of board him some place.

i did not get any sewing done on Linny's quilt, oh darn. But I did put them up on the design wall so I can look at them and see how they play together and I may have to rip one block and make a different one than what I have on there. Not sure I like the colors of the scraps in that block to play with the others. Seems I am being consistent on the color of red that goes in the center of the blocks. This one has a red purple and just not looking quite right. Will see when I finish the others. Well, back to work, my break is over.

IrelandDragonQuilting 04-18-2013 05:47 PM

WOW have I missed a lot lately!! Quiltermomma glad you are doing better. I posted an updated photograph in the gallery of Mindless' quilt. I am currently sandwiching and pinning the should have it all set to quilt up this weekend with the next big storm!
I just have to say that I have to greatly appreciate the friends I have made on this board. I have myself been going through a rather rough spot in life. And Mindless sent me this wonderful surprise in the mail! I cried, but it was a good cry, because it was a nice spot of light in the dark days. I hope everyone else is good and staying warm with all this crazy weather happening lately.

QuilterMomma 04-19-2013 07:57 AM

I agree with you IrelandDragon, the friends on this board have been great. Much like you, I am grateful.

shortmom5 04-19-2013 06:58 PM

Sewing machine is fixed and ready for pickup in the morning (1 hr. away). 2 weeks of being in the shop, I'm ready to sew again. Glad to hear everyone is moving along with their quilts, can't believe it's the middle of April already. Have a great weekend everyone!

QuilterMomma 04-23-2013 08:48 AM

Not getting much done yet, but trying to for sure.

buddy'smom 04-25-2013 03:32 AM

So glad your machine is fixed, I had to stop sewing for about a week, my hand was killing me. It was on the top and I couldn't even pick up my coffee cup. Guess I was doing to much paper piecing. Still waiting to hear from my quilter, but she has 7 of my quilts to do.

Originally Posted by shortmom5 (Post 6013835)
Sewing machine is fixed and ready for pickup in the morning (1 hr. away). 2 weeks of being in the shop, I'm ready to sew again. Glad to hear everyone is moving along with their quilts, can't believe it's the middle of April already. Have a great weekend everyone!

didi 04-25-2013 03:41 AM

Update...finally got parts in for my 301, DH got it fixed and I was on my way to SID. Then our internet goes down for 5 days, talking about withdraws. Computer also messed up, so had to look for another one, and then transfer everything over to the new one....stress, stress!

Last 2 days, been sewing and ripping out..think I will take a break and DH and I are going fishing...surely there will be no stress in fishing, I don't even care if I don't catch any, just sit and relax in the boat.

Sorry, friends, but I had to let off steam, feel so much better. Thanks

shortmom5 04-25-2013 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom (Post 6024612)
So glad your machine is fixed, I had to stop sewing for about a week, my hand was killing me. It was on the top and I couldn't even pick up my coffee cup. Guess I was doing to much paper piecing. Still waiting to hear from my quilter, but she has 7 of my quilts to do.

Sorry you are having trouble with your hand. I hope resting it will take care of it. I am down to adding your borders and it is looking so cute. My quilter is excited to see it also and says she will drop it in whenever I get it to her. Rest that hand and yourself and have a great weekend.

buddy'smom 04-25-2013 10:41 PM

Thanks so much. I need to rest it up as hubby is having a nuk stress test Monday and they said it could take up to 4 hrs, so gonna bring some hand embroidery work and hope I can work on it. We still have lots of time. I can't wait to see what my quilter does to your quilt. You have a super weekend as well.

Originally Posted by shortmom5 (Post 6026300)
Sorry you are having trouble with your hand. I hope resting it will take care of it. I am down to adding your borders and it is looking so cute. My quilter is excited to see it also and says she will drop it in whenever I get it to her. Rest that hand and yourself and have a great weekend.

jclinganrey 04-27-2013 03:44 PM

My quilt top is going to the quilters next week! Yeah!!

Jane