Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

QuilterMomma 05-16-2013 07:15 AM

Am I a hoarder or what! I just found a Thank You card from one of my partners last year, NancyJo. I still have the beautiful family photo she sent along. What a treat.

oldcatlady 05-16-2013 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by jillaine (Post 6051152)
let's try this again without giving away the store. Snippet, quilted by charisma

[ATTACH=CONFIG]412269[/ATTACH]

Jillaine, I don't know what to say. It is so beautiful. It is just my style and taste and the colors are perfect. It's like you visited my house :) I LOVE IT!!!

Yosamitesa 05-17-2013 06:01 AM

I have a few seems left to press and the top will be finished!!! YEA!!! I have the back and the batting waiting...just need to lay it on and bast and start the quilting!!! :)

Elisabrat 05-17-2013 06:10 AM

Ok I learned a lesson on this quilt: when mixing batiks and cottons one has to be very careful of the stretch especially on the binding. Mine waffled a bit? What I did wrong: I had a long strip of fabric I sewed on as binding and cut when I hit the end. Instead of doing what I should have which is cutting a strip of fabric the length I needed and fitting it on as I sewed. This would have prevented that bit of waffle. (wave?). sigh lessons learned. still love that quilt. it will look smashing on your wall or even better yet on your lap!

leakus 05-18-2013 05:06 PM

I am piecing the back so it is not plane. My goal is to sandwich it tomorrow and then I'll start the quilting in my home machine. Looking forward to it. I really want to start that phase already so I don't have to rush myself to meet the deadline. I am worried now that my partner hasn't been on the board no has answered PM or emails but I love the quilt and enjoyed the process, wish I had more interaction with my partner.
leakus

nclauri 05-19-2013 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 (Post 6060818)
Ok just getting all the borders on and will be at the long armer by June 1st. Her turn around is quick so we should be a go for mid June.

Hey Nexxus!

I am quilting mine so it is taking me a while. I have also had to go out of town for work a few weeks and am leaving again today, but I think I can get it done by the end of May. (Fingers crossed).
Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day next weekend.

Lauri
(nclauri)

buddy'smom 05-19-2013 03:45 PM

Well I have the binding sewen on now to hand stitch it down. Dose anyone else press the binding after sewing on? I find if I press it down it stitches so much faster.

shortmom5 05-20-2013 04:17 PM

Asking for Prayers for the people of Moore, OK. My oldest daughter teaches in Oklahoma City at a school about 10 blocks from the destruction, kids and parents both were very scared. My other daughter is in Tulsa, they are keeping that city on alert also.

Elisabrat 05-20-2013 04:39 PM

i second your prayer call. I am so sad for those affected by this disaster. I hope everyone is thankful for what we all have. a roof? our belongings which matter so much.. our lives are not touched. But for those who are now forced to start over, who lost it all, who were frightened like there is no tomorrow.. I hope you give your heartfelt best wishes for them. If you can help them do it. If you cant send a thought of hope. They sure need it now.

buddy'smom 05-20-2013 05:08 PM

This is such a sad Thing. All are in our prayers and thoughts. My husband always says if you thing your having it tuff look all around you, he's so right. We don't have alot but so thankfull for what we do. I will keep everyone in my prayers.

Originally Posted by shortmom5 (Post 6075957)
Asking for Prayers for the people of Moore, OK. My oldest daughter teaches in Oklahoma City at a school about 10 blocks from the destruction, kids and parents both were very scared. My other daughter is in Tulsa, they are keeping that city on alert also.