Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

emc1118 07-01-2013 04:50 PM

This was a great swap, I had a lot of fun. All the quilts are gorgeous. Hope to find another swap as fun.

leakus 07-01-2013 07:36 PM

Kind of sad.. I finished my partner's quilt last week and told her I could mail it Saturday and havent heard from her or Jillaine. I know it's been just a few days but I was exited about exchanging the quilts already. I guess the wait is just hard after all these months working on it.
I love what I've seen. Any others waiting for the exchange?
Andrea

TwinRiverFarm 07-02-2013 02:14 AM

Hang in there Andrea! This is the time of year where vacations, visitors and outdoor stuff drag us all away from our computers. Who is your partner? Check her profile for recent posts, there may be a clue there. Yup, the waiting is the hardest part, but so worth it!

Elisabrat 07-02-2013 02:28 AM

OH yes it is so worth it! :)

EMC there is a new Round Robin on the quilting board starting! if your looking for something fun to do you might go check it out they are setting up groups of five and its open til the 15th of this month for sign ups. It is a bit different than a row robin as you start with a center piece that is then sent to the next person. they make a designated size round to go 'around' the center, then its passed on to another player who makes the next round and so on. In the end you have a quilt top that has been beautifully designed by the whole team. I think its a fun way to play with different fabrics and colorways without having to do a whole quilt top in each style.

QuilterMomma 07-02-2013 01:02 PM

WOW, some pretty quilts. Love those patterns. I have to behave, lots to do with what I have.

Jillaine is on vacation right now, she posted that a "few" pages ago. Just in case you needed to know. Saw someone asking earlier is all. Just FYIing.

You sales person Elisabrat. Hey how about that Boom 10 swap going on, any takers there?

zzmom 07-02-2013 05:42 PM

I received a BEAUTIFUL quilt!

4 Attachment(s)
I received a beautiful quilt with some of my favorite colors in it from LovingIzabella! I love it. Its even quilted with some awesome little bicycles in it. It will be treasured for years to come. Thank you April!

Linny 07-02-2013 05:52 PM

Love your quilt too, zzmom. It's so fresh in colors and the bicycle quilting is great..never have seen that before. Very nice LovingIzabella!

emc1118 07-02-2013 06:08 PM

Elisabrat...
I have been thinking about that one, but don't want to second guess myself for a year on whether I am up to snuff or not. So... my other thought was I would have a round robin all by myself. I would make the center, but then add the rounds by drawing a "rule" for that round. I'll have a finished top when complete and maybe the confidence to join in the next time. Thanks for pointing the swap out though.

Yosamitesa 07-03-2013 07:40 AM

roseirish48, I tracked it and it says it was delivered!!! I'm so EXCITED!!!

roseirish48 07-03-2013 09:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]422351[/ATTACH] rec'd my quilt from Yosemitesa today. gorgeous blues and lots of variety. I hope she likes hers as much as I love this one. i am surprised that we both chose very traditional patterns.