Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-birthday-swap-2-5-sign-up-now-t240424.html)

sewbizgirl 08-13-2014 01:17 PM

Great tips ladies, thank you! The strawberries are just $2 a box now and look great, so it may be time for me to freeze some or make some jam. Hubby loves it!

Lstew2212 08-13-2014 05:01 PM

BJ, Speedy recovery for you, take it easy. I love fresh fruit, and love to freeze fruit for those special adult drinks I like on those stressful days at work. Yummy

Lstew2212 08-13-2014 05:08 PM

KathyM, Just checking to see if you got my Birthday squares. They should have arrived by now. I will gladly mail you a new package. Thanks

sewbizgirl 08-13-2014 06:07 PM

Page 100 of our thread! Woo hoo!

Lstew2212 08-14-2014 03:41 AM

Anybody check out the daily deals on the Missouri Star Quilt Company website. I just got the Tumbler block templet for 3.50 and charm packs for 3.50. I see a baby quilt forming in my mind.

Mamaskeeto 08-14-2014 05:03 AM

Florissant is a neighboring community to Ferguson. Where the rioting erupted was a distance from us but it has moved closer. The news really doing an injustice to the many police officers that are trying to control the crowds. I saw one piece on Facebook say that armed officers in riot gear are pointing guns at people with their hands raised. What they failed to report is these individuals have been asked to move along and go home. The so called catch phrase is the rioters raise their arms and say don't shoot as they approach the officers and try to provoke them. The worst part is the people rioting don't even live in Ferguson they are coming from the inner city. My quilt guild meets at a church in Fergsuon and today we will decide if we are canceling our meeting next or not. It's really sad how this community is being torn apart. Thanks for thinking of me. - - Kathy

Originally Posted by benndm (Post 6842018)
Mamaskeeto. I see you are from Florissant MO. I hope you are a save distance from the riots in Ferguson. Sounds like there are a lot of people who are not making smart decisions. Stay safe.

Mamaskeeto 08-14-2014 05:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Tuesday tip given on a Thursday. The best thing I've ever bought were a set of little plastic storage drawers. (hope the picture shows). I keep my rotary cutter and scissors in the top drawers. Each drawer hold all the goodies that make sewing easier.

Janice McC 08-14-2014 05:39 AM

Candy for Quilter Day by Day is in the mail this morning.

dottie dodge 08-14-2014 06:51 AM

Kathy M----Just wondering if you received BD candy from me? It was mailed late but you should have it by now. Please let met know so that I can resend. Thx

Now I'm worried that I didn't put enough postage on the envelope. Saying bad words now!

cindynvb 08-15-2014 03:58 AM

I love those little storage boxes, I have way too many of them!!
Just a caution for those of you still cutting, please make sure that your charms are cut accurately. I've started sewing mine and am disappointed to find that many of them are too small.