Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2018 Wall Hanging Swap July - Oct (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2018-wall-hanging-swap-july-oct-t298072.html)

ube quilting 07-14-2018 05:08 PM

Teen, I am watching real close!:D I have made two applique pieces for the swap so far and really enjoy the picking and choosing, from the fabric, pattern and finishing. This last one was the more complicated of the two and was fun from beginning to end.

Teen 07-15-2018 05:34 PM

Ube...I love to applique for that very reason that being the fun in choosing colors and fabrics. I do turned edge and machine applique because I don't really enjoy handwork. I am having so much fun with this wall hanging.

Linny 07-16-2018 08:04 AM

No ideas yet. It will be fall, officially, but not sure if a fall theme is what Will inspire me. There are so many beautiful colors for that time of year. Guess it could be winter too. Waiting for inspiration. Any input on what you all are thinking?

Teen 07-16-2018 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Something will come up and inspire you, Linny. As you've read, I'm doing whimsical and it will likely hang in someone's craft room.

I've been wanting to do this guy forever....I just love him and thought this swap is the perfect reason to make him. Still need to do the face detail and thinking about adding a butterfly. I have one embellishment I'll add when completed but I think he is so cute.... Anywhoo....hope, whoever receives him, will like him as much as me. He makes me smile so I'll be making him for my craft room, too.

Annaquilts 07-16-2018 03:32 PM

Teen, he is adorable and I would think anybody would love him, whoever receives him. Great work and amazing eye for colors and patterns.

Annaquilts 07-16-2018 03:34 PM

I really like to do applique and I also like the look of it especially when it's combined with piecing.

Linny 07-16-2018 04:34 PM

Teen, He is the cutest ever. I would hang it in my dining room to give it some pizazz. Your colors are perfection.

Linny 07-16-2018 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 8095276)
I really like to do applique and I also like the look of it especially when it's combined with piecing.

I can't wait to see what you come up with. It will be special for sure.

Teen 07-16-2018 05:58 PM

Thank you, Anna & Linny.... I am going to focus on finishing him up in the next few weeks because I am in the process of packing for a move and I don't want to not have it completed in time.

Looking forward to seeing both of your creations. I loved the ones you all did last swap.

Ukinusa 07-17-2018 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8095267)
Something will come up and inspire you, Linny. As you've read, I'm doing whimsical and it will likely hang in someone's craft room.

I've been wanting to do this guy forever....I just love him and thought this swap is the perfect reason to make him. Still need to do the face detail and thinking about adding a butterfly. I have one embellishment I'll add when completed but I think he is so cute.... Anywhoo....hope, whoever receives him, will like him as much as me. He makes me smile so I'll be making him for my craft room, too.

Oh my goodness, he is adorable, such a happy looking little chap.