Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2018 Wall Hanging Swap July - Oct (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2018-wall-hanging-swap-july-oct-t298072.html)

Rhonda 07-18-2018 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8095267)
Something will come up and inspire you, Linny. As you've read, I'm doing whimsical and it will likely hang in someone's craft room.

I've been wanting to do this guy forever....I just love him and thought this swap is the perfect reason to make him. Still need to do the face detail and thinking about adding a butterfly. I have one embellishment I'll add when completed but I think he is so cute.... Anywhoo....hope, whoever receives him, will like him as much as me. He makes me smile so I'll be making him for my craft room, too.

That is so adorable and just the cutest thing I"ve seen!! I grew up around cows and I love them. I know this is going to be one of the best wall hangings!!

Rhonda 07-18-2018 09:06 AM

This is our 19th Wall hanging swap! So the next swap will be a special swap!! I will have to think up some fun way to celebrate!

This is as always just for fun to see who all is interested. It in no way obligates you to have a wall hanging ready to swap. It is only to see who is planning to play along.

At or about the middle of the last month I will post a Ready to Mail list and that will be the one to be on. If you are not on the Ready to Mail list you will not get an address to send. and of course then you won't get one in return.

So

I also want to welcome Teen to the swap!! We hope you have a great time with us!

1.skaduzy
2.Annaquilts
3.Teen
4.kwyltaholic
5.Rumbols
6.Linny
7.Jan Rutherford
8.Armylady2012

Have a blast everyone!! Keep the pretties coming!! We love to see pictures of anything quilty!! And a few have been known to post pics of pretty scenery and such!!

Get ready Get set GO! make some pretty Wall Hangings!! Love the creativity!

-

ube quilting 07-18-2018 12:20 PM

This old lady is playing again too, don't forget me!:D

ube quilting 07-18-2018 12:26 PM

Teen, that is just way, way cute.

Teen 07-18-2018 12:58 PM

Thank you, ladies! I had to put him away this week so far....prepare for gripe.... I had to have my 1 year old carpeting re-stretched cuz it was bubbling.... As you can imagine, this involved dismantling and emptying 3 rooms, one of which is my office/sewing nook. Ugh! I had stuff everywhere. They came today and the work is done....just getting my rooms back in order but, what a mess. Flooring and painting work are always nightmare messes... Glad it's over...fingers crossed this fixes it.

Teen 07-18-2018 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting (Post 8096250)
This old lady is playing again too, don't forget me!:D

LOL!! Too funny...

Teen 07-18-2018 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Added a butterfly....going to quilt it next... This is my favorite butterfly applique pattern. I shrunk it down for this project...

Teen 07-19-2018 04:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wilbur grabbed his quilt and is ready to come to someone's home.

In case anyone is interested, he is a block from the Raggedy Farm quilt. I didn't have a pattern...just created him from a photograph. All the animal blocks in that quilt are adorable. The butterfly is from the pattern, Secret Garden, from craftpassion.com, and the flowers are from Jen Kingwell's, Green Tea & Sweet Pea pattern, which I just finished using my dots... I shrunk the patterns for this wall hanging. The quilt in his mouth was inspired by a farm animal pattern I saw but in their case, it was a goat. I always thought that was a fun embellishment....so here ya go..

skaduzy 07-19-2018 05:12 PM

Teen, That little guy is so cute! I hope he comes to my house :D

Annaquilts 07-20-2018 02:36 AM

He brings a smile to my face. Maybe Wilbur likes to live with me on the farm? He is adorable! You did an amazing job designing and picking fabrics and colors.