Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2019/2020 2.5" Birthday Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2019-2020-2-5-birthday-swap-t302638.html)

hav4boys 05-14-2019 07:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy birthday Irishmom.

I have a new use for the candies. My #2 son was in town for Mother's day and he asked me if I would fix three pairs of his pants. When I saw how they were torn, I told him I would go buy him new ones. He said no, he wanted me to fix these. I darned them and they looked okay, and then he said he wanted patches. I handed him my container of 2.5 inch candies and this is the result. Note, my son is 26. He absolutely loves the pants. His girlfriend would like some patches on her pants.[ATTACH=CONFIG]612848[/ATTACH]

Queenbarbiej 05-14-2019 07:45 AM

Great way to use up candies! Now that is going to be the next fashion statement after the ripped legs on jeans.

Janice McC 05-14-2019 08:10 AM

Lol, Hav! That red patch looks like one of mine. :). This is a fun idea!

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 8253090)
Happy birthday Irishmom.

I have a new use for the candies. My #2 son was in town for Mother's day and he asked me if I would fix three pairs of his pants. When I saw how they were torn, I told him I would go buy him new ones. He said no, he wanted me to fix these. I darned them and they looked okay, and then he said he wanted patches. I handed him my container of 2.5 inch candies and this is the result. Note, my son is 26. He absolutely loves the pants. His girlfriend would like some patches on her pants.[ATTACH=CONFIG]612848[/ATTACH]

hav4boys 05-14-2019 09:04 AM

It cracks me up to see the picture. I offered to turn the edges of the patches under so they would not fray, and he was all about the fray. He said just sew around them 3 or 4 times. So that is what I did.

PamelaOry 05-14-2019 09:43 AM

Happy Birthday Irishmom!

my son’s would be so envious of these pants! Your son is quite the trend setter. Go Mom!

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 8253090)
Happy birthday Irishmom.

sewbizgirl 05-14-2019 03:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Happy Birthday to the birthday ladies!

I just finished putting this top together and realized it might inspire some of you to do something with your candy squares. This used up a lot of my blue ones! It's a free pattern from the Quilted Twins' website ... "Pinwheel Fantasy" at www.quiltedtwins.com , under "free patterns". There are many, many more that you can make with your candies. Go take a look!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612866[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612867[/ATTACH]

GramE 05-14-2019 03:43 PM

So sew beautiful, Sewbizgirl! I’m gonna have to look that pattern up!

hav4boys 05-14-2019 04:18 PM

Very nice SBG. I like that pattern.

Jane Quilter 05-14-2019 04:30 PM

happy birthday irishmom! Love that pattern SBG! Did you layout the squares light to dark like a log cabin? looks great!

jaba 05-14-2019 04:32 PM

I've never seen that pattern before SBG, love it with all the blue.
Had to laugh over the patches.....why is it the crotch and butt always wears out :)
PamelaOry, I received your candies today!!!!!! Thank you so much, they look awesome.