Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2019/2020 2.5" Birthday Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2019-2020-2-5-birthday-swap-t302638.html)

QuiltnNan 05-14-2019 04:48 PM

love that pinwheel fantasy

GramE 05-14-2019 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 8253279)
I've never seen that pattern before SBG, love it with all the blue.
Had to laugh over the patches.....why is it the crotch and butt always wears out :)
PamelaOry, I received your candies today!!!!!! Thank you so much, they look awesome.

Jaba, in my case it’s called Friction! :shock::D

sewbizgirl 05-15-2019 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter (Post 8253278)
happy birthday irishmom! Love that pattern SBG! Did you layout the squares light to dark like a log cabin? looks great!

Yes, you get to play with the color values—- dark to light from one corner to the opposite corner.

On another note... did anyone save a list of the posts that had the clues for the Mystery QAL we did in 2018? I need it to share with another member, please and thank you.

IrishMom 05-15-2019 03:15 PM

Thanks for all the Birthday Wishes! I had a great day with daughter #1 as we headed into Chicago on a beautiful sunny day and went to the Field Museum. Pretty quiet as it was a Tuesday before the schools were out. We went on an afternoon talk/tour and we were the only two on it! And Sewbizgirl - -super quilt!

Lstew2212 05-16-2019 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8251631)
Hi Birthday Swappers!

Just popping in to say hello and show you a finished quilt. It's the quilt from Barb's Mystery QAL about a year or so ago. Finally got it quilted! It was a fun QAL. Thank you Barb for helping me use some of my candy squares.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612739[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612740[/ATTACH]

The backing is a plain blue cotton chambray
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612741[/ATTACH]

Your quilt is beautiful, I still haven't finished mine. I have the top finished, just not sandwiched or quilted.

Lstew2212 05-16-2019 02:57 AM

Good morning ladies, Happy Thursday.

Macybaby 05-16-2019 04:30 AM

Good Morning!

I, DH and DS got back from our mini vacation last night. DS plans on heading for home tomorrow and will relax today before his long trip back to GA. We had a really nice time and was fun to visit Mt Rushmore and the Badlands. We've lived in this state for over 15 years and finally made the trip!

sunrise450 05-16-2019 04:31 AM

SBG I love that quilt. I saved the pattern and want to make it for my husband. Blue is his favorite color.
Jaba you sound like you are feeling better, I hope so.

Gaijin 05-16-2019 07:51 AM

Hello Everyone! Almost ready to go to the airport, so I thought I would update to today what I have received. I will be away through my b-day, so I will open and post after I get back home. Please bear with me, I am scheduled to work the weekend of the 25th and 26th, but I will try to make time the night before.

Deborah (Gaijin)

April 25th: Janice McC, oldcatlady, Miz Melly, HAV4Boys, PamelaOry, cuppy, JENNR8R
April 26th: macy baby, TravelingGramma, Cheesehead
April 27th: happy lab, ArmyLady2012, crazyconnie, LottieParker
April 29th: jaba, Patricks MOM, Irish Mom, aborning
April 30th: Sunrise 450
May 2nd: Queenbarbie J
May 3rd : Juststitchin, Lstew2212, LUM, WMU Teach
May 4th: Patty Jo, Jane Quilter, GramE
May 6th: Barbarakibler23, Crispy-Frog
May 8th: pinkflowers
May 9th: kele
May 11th: Rosemary Attaway
May 13th: Trish b

jaba 05-16-2019 07:58 AM

Thank you sunrise450, a little better. Potasium is finally in the normal range and some other stuff that I don't know what it is....but the doctors say it's getting better. Still have some fluid in lung that is making my heart work overtime they say but I can't get in to the pulmonary doctor until July 23. Will have to stay on oxygen until then, it's kind of a pain dragging around the cord but that's the way it is for right now. Can't get in any trouble on a short leash:)
Gloomy and rainy day here today and suppose to be rainy the rest of the week. Time to sew a little more. Have a great day ladies!