Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

carriem 09-29-2020 04:41 PM

I too have been working on my round...I have 1 side done. All but the corners are cut, I have 2 ideas for those so we'll see what I decide on....no time to sew again until Friday. :( I did bring the next part inside so I can pin when I get back out there later this week (my craft room is in a finished room in my husband's shop).

givio 09-29-2020 07:42 PM

Me too, I've been working on the round. I decided on the pattern pretty quickly, but had some starts and stops with fabric choices. But now I have a lot of it cut. This round takes longer because it's bigger, so I'm not surprised there are not many pictures yet. :-) And the next round-- due to be mailed in November-- will probably be even more quiet on the thread, because of holiday gatherings for Thanksgiving, etc.

sewbizgirl 09-29-2020 08:17 PM

Sneak Peek

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a sneak peek at what I've been working on, on IceBlossom's quilt... THe colors look better in person.

Bugaroo 09-30-2020 05:18 AM

Oh Sewbizgirl, I love that. It blends so well and great colors!

maryb119 09-30-2020 06:12 AM

WOW!!! sewbizgirl...that is beautiful!!!

sewbizgirl 09-30-2020 06:15 AM

Thank you, Bug and Mary. I'm calling this round "Nothin' But Y Seams"! LOL. Hope IceBlossom likes 'scrappy'.

Bugaroo 09-30-2020 07:59 AM

Jaba I am working on working on yours. I have the colors picked out (there's a lot) and I've got my piecing paper printed. Plan to start on the blocks this afternoon. Filler between blocks will be a light blue -- maybe 2 light blues. In case you could not tell, I am getting a bit creative with yours. No cabbage or squirrels ... much more colorful!

travelinggramma 09-30-2020 08:04 AM

Bugaroo - "I am working on working on yours" - love it - think it will be my new motto!!

Macybaby 09-30-2020 08:17 AM

"Working on working on it" is about where I am too. I've pulled a whole bunch of fabric for travelinggramma's top, now I have to narrow it down to about 5-6 that I want to use.

I'm keeping it all tucked away and safe for a few more days. DH decided to finally order the new water heater for the studio apartment (my sewing studio) and it came yesterday. So this weekend I have to clean everything out of the storage area so he can get the old one out and the new one on. So I'm going to have that stuff around in my sewing room until I can put it all back. It's mostly vintage sewing machine cases and attachments and stuff like that.

Mona G 09-30-2020 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8421457)
Here is a sneak peek at what I've been working on, on IceBlossom's quilt... THe colors look better in person.

I like what I see but I do not like Y seems.
I think the bees need a couple of beehives, I have the fabrics picked out just need to figure out the complete round.