Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

sewbizgirl 07-11-2020 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 8400968)
I'll post a picture of LeeAnn's round when I get it. :-)

Thank you! We need a pic for the gallery, don't we?

sewbizgirl 07-11-2020 02:24 PM

Jaba, good job fitting those half-square triangles around the center. Perfect fit!

sewbizgirl 07-12-2020 06:22 PM

Group 1 Reminder

This is a reminder for Group 1 members, that our mailing deadline is Wed. the 15th, 3 days away! If you haven't yet mailed your completed first round quilt, please be sure to do so by Wed. Don't forget to tell your partner it's coming and send her the tracking # by pm. Thanks!

Iceblossom 07-13-2020 04:47 AM

Checking in before I start sewing today. Just wanted to say that I'm fascinated by all these things we are doing, both in the group and otherwise. Checking in here and then playing with my fabrics, pulling things I hope to use, looking at potential ideas, it's all helping me greatly. I was in pretty bad shape there for awhile, but the "out of control downward spiral" has been stopped and I'm working my way back up -- things are actually pretty ok. I'm thinking I won't have anything to show for a week or two, but I'll still be checking in daily.

Tomorrow is my Tuesday group, the six of us are meeting outside again. Everyone is looking forward to seeing the current round. My goal will be to have my sub-units made by next week, and then put on the week after that -- but sometimes I get motivated and other times I get delayed.

I also have the Frolic UFO to work on. Spent some time going through the box and found where the confusion came in... it's actually quite understandable but I don't think I could have figured it out long distance. All in all, not bad at all. I just have to make a few more HST from the fabrics provided and then it will be ready for assembly.

maryb119 07-13-2020 04:22 PM

I received Reba's center from Iceblossom. It is beautiful. I am not sure what I am going to do but I will look at it for a day or two until inspiration comes to me.

sewbizgirl 07-13-2020 04:57 PM

maryb, I sent you a pm. Did you see it?

maryb119 07-13-2020 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8401619)
maryb, I sent you a pm. Did you see it?

Yes, I got it.

maryb119 07-14-2020 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a picture of the center I received from iceblossom. It is beautiful!

sewbizgirl 07-14-2020 02:38 PM

Oh that is beautiful! Love those soft colors. Can't wait to get one to work on!

So everyone's center should have at least one round added by now... is that right?

Hope you all are having fun!

givio 07-14-2020 04:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
LeeAnn, just to let you know, your package arrived safely. Mary, I have your center. I'll take a picture of it for you. Just home from work, and will eat dinner first.

I'm back to post our pictures! For Mary's center that LeeAnn sewed, LeeAnn has added some lovely applique work, like her own appliqued center, which is skillfully done. She has also extended the outer black squares in a very clever way and added slim black shapes in the corners that seem like exclamation points to me. :-) There is a shadow from my camera cord on the lower right hand corner. I need to charge my camera battery, so maybe I'll take a different picture later.

I had LeeAnn's center to add a round to-- I went scrappy with my round and added more shades of blue, some purple, and a bit of pink, and of course the little light brown birds I showed you before in my sneak peak.