Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

Bugaroo 07-27-2020 05:06 AM

Macybaby, I like the close up. It really shows the details of the fabric. So pretty as they really bring more colors. I like it.

givio 07-27-2020 05:00 PM

Macybaby, Your close-up is appreciated. It shows the background print better. Nice choice of background fabric!

sewbizgirl 07-27-2020 09:19 PM

Thanks for the pics, Macybaby. Looking good!

Iceblossom 07-28-2020 07:01 AM

Had a totally non-fabric day yesterday, hubby and I went for a long day road trip. The main purpose was mostly to take the dogs on an extended car trip and they did great. We got two of the (three) dogs earlier this year when my bonded dog lost his other half, and my new little guys owner had died. Basically these new dogs are my dog's dogs... Before now the longest ride the dogs had ever been on was the one coming home from their previous house. I've had two dogs in a row that didn't like car rides -- didn't know that was even possible.

Hubby home today, so that mean tomorrow I'll be able to layout my round, my layout space is the bed in which my hubby is currently sleeping.

Hope you are all doing well, it's quite hot here for us and pretty miserable without AC. My Tuesday group will have our morning garden party and then all go inside for the rest of the day.

jaba 07-28-2020 08:33 AM

Bugaroo, working on your center today. Have a couple of ideas and will see which one works out the best

Iceblossom 07-29-2020 05:34 AM

Woohoo, hubby back to work and I'm back to sewing. Hope to get my layout done today and start putting the round together. Goal is to finish this week, show to my Tuesday group and mail to Mary next Tuesday/Wednesday -- she said she is ready for it.

I love my husband and I love spending time with him -- I'm just not used to it. Mostly he works 6 days a week, 10 hours a day, so I am accustomed to having most of the day without distractions.

carriem 07-29-2020 05:58 AM

Macybaby, I really like your use of fabrics! Can't wait to see it all done.

I went to the orthopedic surgeon yesterday for my wrist...now I have to wear a more restrictive brace for the next 3 weeks (as close to 24/7 that I can). I *am* going to sew the next 3 weeks!! I'll be sure to get my round on and send in the next couple weeks. Just have to take more breaks...

Bugaroo 07-29-2020 12:56 PM

Jaba, can't wait to see it. Such wonderful work in these groups!

Carriem, be a good patient! It will only take longer if you don't take care of yourself.

Iceblossom 07-30-2020 03:51 AM

Good morning everyone, I got my layout done and am about to start putting things together. It's going to be a nice morning of sewing before it gets hot. I blame it on growing up in Alaska, but I don't deal with heat at all well.

Take care of yourself, Carriem, I still haven't gone in for my knee x-ray because it's sort of good enough for now, but I know I need to start getting it taken care of, I just don't want to sit in the waiting room right now.

Rebaquilts 07-30-2020 04:36 AM

givio's border

I have Givio's border partially pieced and I'm about 6" shy of enough border background fabric. So I'll have to so some seam ripping and replacing, the corners will be different, but it looks great so far. The fabric is from the 90s so it is highly unlikely I'll be able to find an additional 6" to finish. Oh well, this kind of thing forces creativity!

I want you all to know how grateful I am that you are joining me and all of us in this endeavor. I started a project with COVID to revive my quilt studio. I moved in my divorce 12 years ago and my ex literally threw my sewing studio in the garage of the new house. I've not had the mental energy to tackle it as it was really bad juujuu for me. With COVID, I did some meditating, and waa-laaa......I've switched the bedroom layout of my house, moved the studio into the large former master bedroom, and have been slowly moving my stuff in there. That is how this round robin idea started, I joined the quilting board and asked you all to join me in this round robin. Very spiritual thing for me. Sadly, while moving my stash inside from the bin, I discovered this week that have zero yellows, reds or oranges in my stash, they were all destroyed as they were not put in the plastic bin, they were put in two paper bags and got wet and moldy. Have 3 drawers filled with browns, blues, greens, purples and whites. So if any of you have any of these colors you might have too much of, I'll take scraps (literally) LOL. Then I'll have to start rebuilding my stash (oh no, an excuse for fabric shopping) :-)

Hugs all,

Rebecca