Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

Bugaroo 07-31-2020 08:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Iceblossom, that is fantastically bright and wonderful! Goes so well with the theme.

Carriem, glad you are taking it easy. Recovery is painfully slow but so worth it on the other end. No worries.

This is my class quilts. The Red/Gray/White is Cindy's, the instructor, Old fashion pattern and I have 2 more weeks of the class to go and it will be finished! The Gingerbread quilt (I"m making 2, one for each of my children) is Cindy's Evergreen pattern. The class I'm taking for it is in depth quilting skills called Fab15. Each month we cover one skill set and then use that skill to make part of the quilt. Wonderful learning but lots of work.

travelinggramma 07-31-2020 09:08 AM

Iceb - love the fussy cut hearts - what is a town without love!!
Bugaroo - you have alot of rounds going on at one time. Beautiful and isn't it wonderful to be learning as you go!

Now that the grands left I am staying cool and working on the round. My grandaughter is very artistic and has an eye for color. She helped me pick out all the matching (and we laughed at my idea of matching) colors. A little math is in order but am happy with it.
DH and I are going for a ride to Jerome to our favorite restaurant for lunch today. Will be hot there too - but will be relaxing.
Carrie- we are all way ahead of schedule. Do what you can without making yourself worse.

Mona G 07-31-2020 10:12 AM

Probably not sewing today, hubby and I are gonna take the convertible out for a ride.

sewbizgirl 07-31-2020 10:25 AM

Thank you Ice! The hearts round is great! Very colorful, like my center. You did a great job. I love how our quilts are coming together!

Reba, how are you doing with yours? Let me know when you get it done... I planned to mail the one I have completed (LeeAnn's center) to you next week.

Bugaroo, your quilts are lovely. Thanks for sharing them with us.

carriem 07-31-2020 02:05 PM

I think I got enough 4-patches made today (48...started them yesterday)...next will be adding corners to all of them...

sewbizgirl 07-31-2020 02:45 PM

I'm sewing little girl dresses today. On Wednesday my son's house caught fire and the fire destroyed the entire upstairs. (Water from the fire hoses destroyed the downstairs). My DIL and baby granddaughter got out, but all of Millie's clothes and toys are gone. So I've been making some dresses for her, on the double!
Glad my quilt round is done so I have nothing else to work on but clothes for Millie.

We are so thankful the kids and grandbaby are all safe and unharmed.

maryb119 07-31-2020 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8406624)
I'm sewing little girl dresses today. On Wednesday my son's house caught fire and the fire destroyed the entire upstairs. (Water from the fire hoses destroyed the downstairs). My DIL and baby granddaughter got out, but all of Millie's clothes and toys are gone. So I've been making some dresses for her, on the double!
Glad my quilt round is done so I have nothing else to work on but clothes for Millie.

We are so thankful the kids and grandbaby are all safe and unharmed.

I'm glad they are OK! Material things can be replaced but people can't. Little dresses are fun to sew and don't take too long.

maryb119 07-31-2020 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mona G (Post 8406561)
Probably not sewing today, hubby and I are gonna take the convertible out for a ride.

We are gong to take the Oldsmobile out for a short drive tonight. It's a beautiful night to be out.

jaba 07-31-2020 05:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I must be to tired Bugaroo, I can't get the pic to post. I'll try again tomorrow

jaba 07-31-2020 05:12 PM

Finally, let me know if I need to change it for you, not a problem. Have to add a note to your journal and pack it up. Will send when travelinggramma is ready for it