Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

Macybaby 07-30-2020 05:46 AM

Rebecca, I've got quite a bit of red and orange in my stash, so I can probably share. When I moved in December, I packed up over 50 boxes of fabric, and have vowed that I will not have near that to move when I retire in 8 years.

I've been contemplating Carrie's quilt, and decided that they yellow and green inner squares aren't working, I think a brighter yellow would work, and then maybe just light purple for the rest. - and I'm also changing the inner dark green triangle so the line between the rows is not so definite.

Mona G 07-30-2020 05:54 AM

Rebecca,
I have some yellow I could send to trade for some green.

Rebaquilts 07-30-2020 09:00 AM

Mona, I'll p.m. you with some pics of my green stash so you can take your pick of what I have, I'll take pics tonight for you. My green stash is a full drawer and some. Thanks so much!!

Rebaquilts 07-30-2020 09:02 AM

Macybaby, thanks so much. Do you need anything? I have a lot of yardage of vintage Barbie (90s) fabric, and some nice backing fabrics as well, a nice piece of mottled gray for a backing. Or I can take pics of other fabric and let you know what is in my stash so you can pick ;-) Hugs hugs hugs!!

Mona G 07-30-2020 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts (Post 8406272)
Mona, I'll p.m. you with some pics of my green stash so you can take your pick of what I have, I'll take pics tonight for you. My green stash is a full drawer and some. Thanks so much!!

lm not too picky when it comes to green, haha.

givio 07-30-2020 05:13 PM

Rebecca, I thought your name was 'Reba,' like the country singer Reba McEntire! :-) I'm sorry if I called you by the wrong name! About your 6" short of background fabric-- don't seam rip on my account! I'm totally fine with you using something that doesn't match. Some similar fabric would be absolutely fine. :-)

Iceblossom 07-31-2020 05:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, my round 2 is finished, so that's Bonnie's center and Rebecca's round -- I'm still getting used to real names! (I am Caroline IRL but have been Iceb so long some people call me that too.) Mary says she is ready and so I will mail out Tuesday afternoon after my group, or Wednesday morning (a lot depends on how hot it is). My Tuesday group is getting a lot of vicarious fun and loves to see the centers and rounds. Current size is 40" (finished) square.

Rebecca developed to a good way to spread our 6 names around a circle in a square and my little State hearts should be correct and in the correct place. Of all the fabrics I started pulling early that were "brights and black" only one made it in the final version. The 4th of July heart was indeed pieced on 4th of July (not that 3 seams deserves much credit).

I had some fabric I was already sending to Rebecca and will be adding some extras to help her stash gaps. I'll go back and look through at who needs or wants what, but one thing I have is plenty of fabric and 95% of it I'm willing to share. We just don't mention my special treasures... So if anyone is needing something, whether for this round robin or something else, let me know. Easy enough to shove more fabric in an envelope/box if I'm going to the post office anyway.

Mona G 07-31-2020 06:04 AM

Ice that is beautiful.

maryb119 07-31-2020 06:53 AM

Iceblossom!! That is amazing!!! I love bright colors so I will have to figure out what to add next. Yes I am ready for it so I will watch for it in the mail.

I just have to write in the journal and I can mail Reba's center on to LeeAnn next week.

carriem 07-31-2020 07:13 AM

Well, I might have cut a little fabric yesterday and sewn a few 4-patches...I went slow, took lots of breaks. After a nap I am going to do a few more... Thanks Bugaroo for the reminder to take it easy! I really am trying, it just gets so boring.

Love seeing everyone's progress!!!