Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2022-2-5-birthday-swap-t317206.html)

Gannyrosie 10-17-2022 12:25 PM

Thanks Ibex94 I'll try that.

Gannyrosie 10-17-2022 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 640947its coming together! I love this kind of challenge. I get bored with repetitive patterns, this is definitely not. The challenge of finding the right fabric, oh my room is a mess, and loving it

sewbizgirl 10-17-2022 12:59 PM

So pretty, GannyR!

WMUTeach 10-17-2022 03:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was away for the weekend at a retreat and finished one top. This was a mystery quilt from our group and I had the blocks finished before the retreat but had to finish the flimsy and then decided it needed borders. The print fabric I am holding is the backing and the inspiration for the colors in the mystery. In the photo it looks very green but the green is really turquoise. All fabric from stash!

I next started my quilt using my birthday 2.5s. I am using a pattern I found, oh, way last spring or early summer call "Star Trails". I will post a picture when I start connecting the "trails" and the starts. This one may grow over the next month. I have a Christmas gift quilt to make also............ And then all of those potholders I have cut out. So many projects and so little time. Tee-Hee-Hee!!

Looking forward to seeing some Christmas squares ideas and projects. My first package of Christmas/winter squares arrived today. YEAH!

Loving your leaves, Ganny.

ibex94 10-17-2022 03:50 PM

Gannyrosie -- lovely falling leaves! too fun!

WMUteach -- wow so busy and productive. I am glad you're using up your stash! great quilts.

sewbizgirl 10-17-2022 04:16 PM

Beautiful quilt, WMUT! And it's nice to see your smiling face....

I got my Christmas candies in the mail today, and also received my first CC package from Gannyrosie. Thank you Mary!

JENNR8R 10-17-2022 07:37 PM

Whoosh! That went right over my head! LOL!

I've always been able to attach a picture under "Manage Attachments" in the past. I don't know why they won't post now even when I try to post them on the lowest resolution from my phone. Stuff like this happens occassionally and then it decides to work again.

Yesterday, I had my sons move my office furniture around for the next phase of my remodel. Just because the printer was unplugged, it wouldn't work again after it was plugged in again. I was without a printer for a day! Oh the pain! Finally, my BFF walked me through reloading it, and it's working again. Fingers crossed it stays working.

Originally Posted by ibex94 (Post 8571481)

JENNR8R, do you have Microsoft Paint on your computer? Open your picture in a Paint file and resize it by pixel. I stick 400 in the top option and save the file with a different name. The resulting image will attach. Another option is to use the Snip and Sketch app in Microsoft and save the snip with a different name. Those snips are usually around 400 dpi, too. If you have a mac, I can't help you. Good luck!

Gannyrosie 10-17-2022 11:17 PM

Wmuteach beautiful quilt and colors, though you're got me tired just thinking of all those projects.

Macybaby 10-18-2022 12:58 AM

My Christmas fabric arrived yesterday. Got everything washed and now on to cutting.

While many participants have already mailed, we have until the end of the month to ship. Please keep track of what you are receiving, but you don't need to post it here (feel free to send the sender a PM if you'd like, but it's not required). For the most part, you'll be receiving a package from those you are sending too. I will be checking in with everyone after the shipping deadline to make sure everyone did receive what they expected.

Macybaby 10-18-2022 01:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my version of the leaf quilt. I did this last year. It's since been quilted and given away - I must not have gotten a picture of it finished. I kept it a bit more simple that the original, but love how the leaves are placed more random.