Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/anastasia%92s-table-topper-runner-swap-closed-t211732.html)

letsquilt 01-26-2013 08:56 PM

just sent my info and ready to start another runner. The last one was alot of fun and I got a geat runner.

nancia 01-26-2013 10:15 PM

i love the table topper i rec'd, and i hope my recipient will love the one i'm sending, or at least like it well enough it could be a mother-in-law gift. but....i am sitting out the month of february. i have some projects i just HAVE to get done, because i promised my dh i would. i will look forward to a 3rd swap coming up, and i will check in because i will miss you guys!

Elisabrat 01-26-2013 10:29 PM

nancia but who will steal my chocolate if you dont play?

Anastasia 01-27-2013 09:48 AM

I will steal all chocolate! Don't even bother trying to send it anywhere but to me. I am starving poor busy college student that needs all the chocolate she can get, especially on fridays when I'm up from 5:30am til 2am saturday at least. AND HAVE TO DO MATH! And see things I don't want to see.. hehe

Brat, no 4th of July. No one else either! With the timing, that's hopefully going to be the next theme. So dont' do that yet! :) I would have liked to force you all to do a St. Patty's theme but there wasn't going to be enough time to use it. So feel free to make one of those, especially if you are someone who gets yours out ASAP.

jaba 01-27-2013 09:56 AM

That's exactly why I like the secret partners. I would have already started so I could send it quickly. Now have to wait for color and size. Was nice when it was on the sheet, because I like to get them done. Hopefully my partner will answer quickly and know what she wants....then it's the "can I make this?" and end up with something she will like.

Anastasia 01-27-2013 10:38 AM

The next one will go back to secret partners.

jaba 01-27-2013 10:40 AM

Whoopee!!!!!!

DustysMomma 01-27-2013 11:05 AM

Waiting for partner likes? Hmm, darn, I wasn't thinking I had to wait for that. I have a bag full of bugs and frogs and monkeys that I was going to use for this one. Dangit! Now I gotta wait. Joann had all their holiday fabrics 30-60% off when I was there yesterday. I managed to walk out without any. I did almost buy this piece of fushia duck cloth that was in the remnants bin though. Nope, left it there. Everything else was really picked over in the remnants.

Oh well, if my partner isn't into frogs, bugs, and monkeys, maybe I'll get to use the yellow remnant I didn't get to use on my mug rug. When I bought it, I looked at my friend Tracy who was with me & said "this just screams MUG RUG!" & she agreed, then I did something completely different after I got their color preferences. I did kinda use a little of one of their colors in it anyway....out of the 8 fabrics I used.

Anastasia 01-27-2013 12:42 PM

Hehe.. pretty sure there is nothing written in stone that says you have to go by what your partner suggests..Nor that you must wait til they give you more information. If I was partaking, I would probably send my DISLIKES more than my likes.. because I like most everything, but in the theme of this, I'd have to say I dislike pastel colors and pinwheels... haha and I know, if someone hadn't waited for that, that's exactly what i would end up with :) But I would still appreciate it.

DustysMomma 01-27-2013 01:38 PM

Ooh, I like doing pinwheels~! :D I must make you some Ana! Oops, Elisabrat told me I was a brat, and I guess I am, lol!

Knowing what your partner doesn't like is a HUGE help. Elisabrat could have used that info on the last swap for the glitter! The only way my fabrics will work is if I get someone who is really whimsy to be honest. I bought the fabrics in anticipation of making a friend's little girl quilt, but her mom has since bought her a new bedspread, and she's in the marker all over everything phase, so I guess I'll use it for something else for now.