Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

All2Pieces 03-05-2017 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
mjpEncinitas, sounds like a fun outing! It's great to have someone to share your hobby with, too.
Ibex and sewbizgirl, thanks for the compliments.

Kassaundra, here's a simple Amish Diamond. Hope you like it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]569489[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 03-05-2017 07:27 PM

I do like it thanks.

Originally Posted by All2Pieces (Post 7778420)
mjpEncinitas, sounds like a fun outing! It's great to have someone to share your hobby with, too.
Ibex and sewbizgirl, thanks for the compliments.

Kassaundra, here's a simple Amish Diamond. Hope you like it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]569489[/ATTACH]

terriamn 03-05-2017 08:08 PM

Lots more pretty blocks. They are all so fun

My next boom fabric isn't going to be glamorous or fun. I need to de stash and will probably send assorted florals as I have a zillion of them

sewbizgirl 03-05-2017 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 7778409)

I bought fabric for the next boom and it is Hawaiian fabric. After all there are two people who are getting Hawaiian fabric. It's more restrained than the skeletons but not by that much. :)

Oh goodie... I love Hawaiian fabric. I'll have to show you the Hawaiian quilt I am working on... a 40" wall quilt, actually, with sea turtles and dolphin mothers and babies. It's my very first needleturn applique. :shock:

Nice Amish Diamond for Kass' collection, A2P....

Terri, good idea using your stash for the next boom. I could probably find a zillion florals in my stash, too.

marietta 03-06-2017 04:00 AM

joanlizbay ~ Love my block, Thank You. The pink really pops and I do like brights!

So many blocks and extras, they are all great and so pretty.

How exciting on the "Meet&Greet", and a wonderful picture of all of you. Thanks for sharing.

Janice McC 03-06-2017 04:42 AM

Good morning, everyone! Just a couple of in progress reminders. Blocks are to be 12 1/2 inches square or as reasonably close as you can get so measure as you go. PLEASE follow fabric requests. If you are unsure about the requests or don't feel you can follow them, please contact the fabric owner to discuss it. Worst case scenario is that the block you spent time making ends up in the circular file because it cannot be used and the owner's fabric is essentially wasted. And keep an eye on the dates. Blocks are due back in my hands on April 17, 6 weeks from today so there's still a lot of time left. Please feel free to use the entire time allotted. There is zero pressure to get your blocks in early.

Thanks, Boomers, for listening to this yet again!

jclinganrey 03-06-2017 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 7777841)
Yesterday we had a meet and greet at a Fabric Warehouse in Lakeland Fl. What fun. 7 QB swappers (4 from this swap!). What fun we had - putting a face to the name, learning more about each other, shopping together and then lunch afterwards. the four hubbies that came enjoyed meeting each other and swapping stories!

How wonderful!! So glad you had fun & had a chance to meet each other. Have any of you met before?

Muse&Sew 03-06-2017 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my kitty block for Billi! I love this color of fairy frost fabric. Your kitty fabric was so fun to play with.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569505[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 03-06-2017 12:26 PM

Love the kitty block, Muse. That fairy frost is really pretty and those kitties are sooooo sleepy.

Janice McC 03-06-2017 02:56 PM

Adorable! :)

Originally Posted by Muse&Sew (Post 7778730)
Here is my kitty block for Billi! I love this color of fairy frost fabric. Your kitty fabric was so fun to play with.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569505[/ATTACH]