Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Autumn Harvest - September Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up Closes August 31st Noon EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/autumn-harvest-september-doll-quilt-swap-sign-up-closes-august-31st-noon-est-t198337.html)

Dragonfly Nana 09-14-2012 02:34 PM

oohh, oohh, oohh - I love the all the quilts so far. ctipton and I both mailed ours this week so we should be able to show next week.

Krystyna 09-14-2012 02:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, thank you all for cutting me some slack about not joining in this month. It gave me time to finish my New York Beauty blocks for a wall hanging for ME! Still playing around with the layout but here is a sneak peek.

mscupid804 09-14-2012 03:59 PM

OOOoooo K, that is gorgeous!

Crazy Quiltin Robin 09-14-2012 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5514309)
CQR, sounds like me! are you left handed? I am left handed and one time did a whole quilt backwards, But luckily it didn't matter too much. I am a good friend of the Frog stitch!

Yes Marybeth .... I am left handed .... and I was a very frusterated quilter this afternoon ... but I got it all worked out .... and now on to the next two rows ..lol.... its is going to be a beautiful little quilt.... I am usually better at reading the instructions I guess .... I took that out 3 times and then had to redo it all once ..but who cares ... lol... what a learning experience this little mini quilt is .....tee hee hee ....... happy quilting ....

marytoddliz 09-14-2012 05:07 PM

I it sounds weird but I use a Mirror a lot to look at my designs. If I look at them stright on I don't always see my error, but look at it in that mirror and it jumps out at me.

But you know what they say about us lefty's... We think with the "Right Brain" :D :D

almond 09-14-2012 06:31 PM

Wow what beautiful quilts that are coming in. Missing being with all of you this month, but it couldn't be helped and looking the same for next month. Who said a person has more time when we retire????

Dragonfly Nana 09-15-2012 03:15 AM

Krystyna that is a beauty.

Krystyna 09-15-2012 03:22 AM

Thanks, Paula and Teresa. Now I have to figure out the layout all over again. I had it on the floor and then the dogs came in from the park looking for dinner and ... poof! Big mess.

Quilty-Louise 09-15-2012 06:20 AM

K,

That is beautiful and I especially love the colors.

rwquilts 09-15-2012 06:32 AM

CQRobin and Marybeth...me too! Me too! My 3rd grade teacher tried and tried to get me to write right-handed and finally gave up. I'm told we can be creative, so I guess we're all lefties here, huh? Did you know even coffee mugs (hot chocolate in my case) are even printed for right handed people? I had already made a couple of quilts before I even realized you could buy left handed scissors... :)

Krystyna, girlfriend! Ooooooooooo, pretty, pretty!!! My eyes thought they were in heaven for a bit...don't kill your dogs okay? They were playing in the leaves, right? LOL!