Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/birthday-swap-2018-2019-new-t294216.html)

Crispy_Frog 02-16-2018 09:43 AM

I need to go cut, bag and squish! LOL

hav4boys 02-16-2018 10:52 AM

No way I could tailor mine to 37 different people... especially since I themed mine. I do not have that much time, although I am sure my stash could do it.

Looking forward to the new "birthday" year.

travelinggramma 02-16-2018 02:38 PM

Oh my - I am just hopeful that I put in different fabric than last year (and thus is another reason I always add a few extras). Last year we gave our pet preference and since I had some extra cat and dog fabric I could add a fussy cut piece into the envelope. That's about it. I am in awe of everyone as it is!

IceLeopard 02-16-2018 03:07 PM

There are only a few people who expressed a preference for specific colors. And it's not like they are demanding all 50 to be pink or yellow or whatever. I cut a lot of pinks because I have a lot of pinks., but even the packages for WMUTeach and onamtnest have other colors.

MizMelly 02-16-2018 04:58 PM

I spent a lot of time cutting up scraps, so my packages have everything. I do not sort by color either, it's a wild mix.

barbarakibler23 02-16-2018 06:29 PM

I will send everyone a PM with the address. It will be on February 20th...almost here ladies!!!

Originally Posted by IceLeopard (Post 7995546)
Are the notifications by PM or email? I've looked, but don't see it mentioned.

barbarakibler23 02-16-2018 07:20 PM

Hi ladies

Love all the chatter on this thread!

It has been mentioned on the thread about having to "personalize" the envelopes for each swapper for their color they mentioned. That is NOT what we are doing. It is a suggestion of what people like to use. if you have your envelope ready by no means take it apart and redo anything. It is totally up to you on what you are sending. Only rule is 100% cotton and something you would like to put in your own quilt.

This swap is suppose to be fun and a scrap eater!!! Goal: buy no fabric for this swap!!!

Also.....here is what I do all year long.

When I finish a project I cut the left over scrap fabric (anything smaller than a yard) into pieces:
10 x 10
5 x 5
2.5x 5
2.5 x 2.5
It makes it much easier to get my squares ready for any project or swap.

Lstew2212 02-17-2018 04:45 AM

I cut scraps as I go too, Putting them in clear plastic containers. The largest 6x6 and the smallest 2x2.

WMUTeach 02-17-2018 04:53 AM

Travelinggramma, I am giggling. If you used a fabric from last year.... I would not know. I love my little squares but I do not keep track of what came from who or is it whom? Any way, for my 2 cents, I would not worry about a possible duplicate fabric from a previous year. Consider yourself blessed to have enough fabric to go another round.

WMUTeach 02-17-2018 05:00 AM

I also cut my scraps. It took a few years to discover the cuts/sizes that I use often. I have about 10 of those plastic shoe boxes labeled and full of my own "precuts". I also save bias binding scraps and l-o-n-g 2.5 by what ever. I use white and white on white often so, I have a box for those long strips also. Just love the wonderful feeling of reaching up to my shelf and finding all I need ready to go for that final row on my current scrappy quilt!