Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/birthday-swap-2018-2019-new-t294216.html)

trish b 09-07-2018 11:11 PM

I received 1 more birthday package today, from Lottie Parker. Thank You very much.

I spent the day sorting by color. And in all that so far not one duplicate from different members. I am pleased and amazed with the beautiful colors. You all have made my birthday month so delightful.

WMUTeach 09-08-2018 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by aborning (Post 8121358)
WMUT, CrazyConnie, and PattyJo--- I will be mailing your packages this week. My daughter's wedding was Saturday so my life can get back to normal now!

I understand. Quilting may be important to us, but you family is more important that any of our birthdays, 2.5 candies or trips to the mailbox. WEnjoy your normal. As you well know it will only last a few days. :)

WMUTeach 09-08-2018 11:23 AM

I just came in from the mailbox and decided that it is time for an candies update as of today, August 8.

Again, I get itchy fingers every now and then but will resist until THE day. Thanks all. I am humming a Carly Simon song, "Anticipation".:o:o

Anoka Quilter
Army Lady2012
Barbarakibler 23
bjsmith57
Crazy Connie
Crispy-Frog
FaintlyArtistic
Gaijin
Givio
Happylab
Hav4Boys
Jaba
JaneQuilter
Janice McC
JunitaBeans
JENNR8R
lStew2212
LottieParker
LUM
Miz Melly
Oldcatlady
Onaemtnest
Patrick's Mom
Pattie Jo
pinkflowers
Rosemary Attaway
Sunrise450
TexasTam
TravelingGramma
Trishb

trish b 09-08-2018 05:04 PM

Jarine, I received your candies on 8-28, sorry I missed giving you credit until today. Total received 33. Thanks!

Texastam 09-09-2018 09:17 AM

TrishB-isn’t it so much fun sorting through those candies? I had so much fun sorting mine.

barbarakibler23 09-09-2018 02:32 PM

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Here in Michigan we went from high 80's to 60's in a matter of days. Bring on fall! My favorite time of the year!

I have been volunteered to make a T-shirt quilt by my mother-in-law.:shock: I have avoided them like the plague. I have never done one before and was hoping to be able to write that on my tombstone. My niece lost her father a couple of years ago and sent me a box of t-shirts and said "grandma said you would make me a quilt...thanks Aunt Barb!" :shock:. Of course dear MIL said I would have it ready for Christmas. I told my hubby that she would have to pay for the quilting. words of encouragement are welcome!

I have 4 projects that need to be finished before Christmas this year and that is approaching quickly. I will use this as a good excuse to get out of housework. after all it is my hubby's side of the family that needs this t-shirt quilt. I should tell hubby I need a new sewing machine to make this kind of quilt. hmmmmm

Other projects are two more stockings (wedding gift)
quilt for my sister (large lap)
quilt for my daughter (large lap) she would be sad to see she is on the bottom of the list (sorry Kelly )

Gotta go Pizza's here.....cooked again!

Talk to you all soon,

Barb

travelinggramma 09-09-2018 03:05 PM

Oh Barb - I like how you make such wonderful meals!! My kind of cooking!
My DD has tried volunteering me for many a thing and I have told her no no no. She can ask, and I have said yes, but I do not like being commissioned to so. I did enjoy doing the tshirt quilts - I didn't like to to use the stabilizers and fusible since it would be a small fortune, so I just tacky sprayed them onto old sheets. Worked great!
Enjoy

Lstew2212 09-10-2018 02:37 AM

I like the tacky spray onto old sheets. This is a great idea. I have made one T-shirt quilt for my self. I am collecting my musical theater shirts to make me another one.

MizMelly 09-10-2018 05:58 AM

I use the lightweight iron on stabilizer on my tshirt quilts, it works great, and if you hit Joann's for the After Thanksgiving blitz, they usually have the lightweight fuseable stabilizer in the 10 yard bundles for cheap. Otherwise, I use a 50-60% off coupon or a 40% and hit it on Senior discount day. So the cost isn't that high.
I made many tshirt quilts on commission at one time, but the bottom fell out of that enterprise when people felt that I was charging too much. (I wasn't charging enough!!). I had to sub-contract to have them machine quilted, but paying for the materials and batting isn't cheap either!!
I haven't made one in a few years now, and unless I am properly compensated for my work, I won't be making any more! Guess I'm getting to be a cranky quilter.

WMUTeach 09-10-2018 06:19 PM

Cranky 'ole Quilter would be a good screen name! You may be "cranky" but you know your worth and value your time. Quilt on MizMelly. Wave that banner high! Love the quote in your signature line. It is one of my favorites. I had it on a bookmark for a long time.