Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/birthday-swap-2018-2019-new-t294216.html)

barbarakibler23 05-15-2018 07:16 AM

Lstew2212......
Where in Ohio is your quilt expo? My newly retired sister is learning to quilt and I would love to go there with her. Also let me know if you are going to attend Lstew.

Barb

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 (Post 8056002)
Good Morning Ladies, Just checking in.

Barbara, glad you had fun at the quilt show and bought many goodies. We have the sewing and quilting expo in Aug. or Sept. in Ohio. I am hoping to attend. I love looking at the work of others. I am always in awe of the talent and what people can do with fabric.

Happy Birthday to the May Birthday Ladies.

barbarakibler23 05-15-2018 07:17 AM

I think we need to see some photos please....

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 8056391)
I too am just checking in so no one thinks I have gone missing in Quiltland. I did finish the top for the Mystery Train #18 which used 2.5" squares. I also tried to make some progress in cleaning up my working space. I have so many starts and project that need small amounts of work to move ahead. I can't decide what to do first. Guess, I will work on a Batik made of scraps. Then I need to go shopping for backing for four tops. Maybe its time for a trip to Shipshewana and a dose of Amish inspiration. Ta-Ta for now!

barbarakibler23 05-15-2018 07:22 AM

Good to hear this news Sunrise!

Originally Posted by sunrise450 (Post 8057100)
You are on my list as received. Don't know what happened except I didn't transfer the names right. I appolige to be causing you concern.

I have received all my birthday candies from this swap.

barbarakibler23 05-15-2018 07:48 AM

All caught up on the news of the thread.

So I went to another Quilt show this time it was in Ohio at Sauder Village in Archibold. It is about a 1 1/2 hr drive from my house but it took 3 hours to get there and 3 hours home on a bus...long story and I won't bore you with it. :shock: :thumbdown: Went with my mom and some of my quilty friends we had a nice time and we all decided that next year we would enter a quilt in the show. :shock:.

I hope everyone had a nice Mothers Day or celebrated with a nice Mother or just had a nice day! I spent Saturday before Mother's day with my mom and we went to the new quilt guild that we joined and we made cat and dog beds for a rescue. We helped make 60 beds! We had a nice day together.

Sunday my son and family came over and the guys made breakfast for my daughter in law and me. The kids (8-6-2) helped! :shock:. Then we went up to my MIL and met my daughter and her family and my MIL and FIL and SIL for a 3 o'clock dinner. the weather was nice so we eat outside. (68 and sunny in Michigan is picnic weather). I had a nice day. My kids and husband gave me a fit bit, which I asked for. so now to get all my bits "fit"!

I hope you are all enjoying spring. In Michigan we are starting to plant but we can still have a frost so it is planter beware! I have not planted anything yet. I am enjoying all of the spring flowers that are in bloom here. My lilac bush is just starting to open. It is right next to my clothesline. That is natural laundry freshener.

Yesterday while getting my bits-fit I took Sophie for a walk. ( I am suppose to walk 10,000 steps. :shock: Got home from work (bookkeeping) with 1986 steps ) I saw my neighbor outside and she wanted me to come see what she did with her garden. So I took Sophie home (i was hot ) changed into shorts and headed over to my friend Nina's house. She showed me her new Mother's day tree then we headed to the back and her dog came out of no where and attacked me biting me on my leg twice. it is a small dog but it hurt, scared me and my leg and behind my knee was cut open, mostly puncture wounds. I washed it really well but today I am going to the drs and getting an updated tetanus shot. It is really a sad situation because I know this dog is not nice that is why I brought my dog home. I never thought she would bite me. Sometimes my granddaughter will play with Nina's daughter that is terrifying to me. I think the dog should be put down but Nina's my friend. I am feeling very sad about this whole thing!

Barb

barbarakibler23 05-15-2018 08:04 AM

Who would like to do a Mystery Quilt? Please let me know who is interested.

Here is all I am going to tell you about it at first.

1. You will use lots of 2 1/2" squares (around 400)

2. and the end product is 51" x 68"

I will give the first directions on Thursday May 17th. You do not have to have all 400 squares at the beginning. For newbies if you have been saving squares for yourself while cutting for everyone else you should have a good start.

Let me know ... it is very easy pattern.

Barb

sewbizgirl 05-15-2018 09:38 AM

This sounds interesting... Will check in with you all on Thursday to see the first clue! I still have tons of 2.5" squares from past birthday swaps.

barbarakibler23 05-15-2018 10:24 AM

Happy to see you pop over here to check us out Sewbizgirl. See you Thursday!

IceLeopard 05-15-2018 02:18 PM

I would, if it can be made a bit smaller, finishing at about 45x60.

Rosemary Attaway 05-15-2018 03:46 PM

I might be interested. will look!

givio 05-15-2018 06:01 PM

Barbara, When the time gets closer for the GR show, I'll probably forget. :-) I easily forget. The expo in Ohio sounds do-able too. I wonder if they will be on the same weekend? I think it would be fun to enter a quilt in a show, but the shows are often juried with lots of rules about hanging sleeves and shipping boxes and all that seems like such an extra effort... it's so much easier to bring a quilt to a local guild or a county fair...

I don't have a lot of candies cut for myself. Does the mystery require lots of different prints? I could take some yardage and cut some candies, I guess.