Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/birthday-swap-2018-2019-new-t294216.html)

Anoka Quilter 05-23-2018 12:31 PM

As usual I am way behind with things in my personal life. But this sounds like a lot of fun. Now I will just have to find to time to give my sewing room some much needed attention.

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 (Post 8058565)
Who would like to do a Mystery Quilt? Please let me know who is interested.

Here is all I am going to tell you about it at first.

1. You will use lots of 2 1/2" squares (around 400)

2. and the end product is 51" x 68"

I will give the first directions on Thursday May 17th. You do not have to have all 400 squares at the beginning. For newbies if you have been saving squares for yourself while cutting for everyone else you should have a good start.

Let me know ... it is very easy pattern.

Barb

hav4boys 05-23-2018 12:34 PM

Happy birthday Gaijin.

My June birthday candies have been entrusted to the US Postal Service.

Have a great day.

Patrick's Mom 05-23-2018 01:10 PM

June birthday girls, candies were mailed today and should arrive on time! I can hardly wait!

givio 05-23-2018 05:01 PM

SBG, you have an extra. lol That's too funny.

I've heard of expunging misdemeanor criminal records, but I haven't heard anyone talk about driving records. It's interesting. In 48 years of driving, I've only got 2 tickets. And one doesn't count, because my sister was 'backseat' driving (although in the front seat) and she made me do it. * roll my eyes*

MizMelly, I hope all is getting back to normal after that trauma!

Best wishes to you Gaijin! And many happy returns. :-)

jaba 05-23-2018 05:31 PM

Happy Birthday Gaijin! hope it is a fantastic day for you!!!
June B-day ladies, they are in the mail......

barbarakibler23 05-23-2018 06:23 PM

Happy birthday Gaijin. Hope your day was great!

Jane Quilter 05-23-2018 06:53 PM

June cards are in the mail! Happy Birthday Ladies! Look for bright colored envelopes!

Aurora 05-23-2018 11:33 PM

My May candies were mailed 05/18/2018. I apologize for the delay. My schedule was thrown out of wack when company stayed two weeks longer than expected. I am finally back on track. My sewing room has been put back in order and June candies should be mailed tomorrow. I am looking forward to the mystery quilt. I will have to due some cutting before I can participate, but look forward to the challenge.

sunrise450 05-24-2018 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by MizMelly (Post 8062625)
I'm mailing my birthday candies out today also!
I had a bad/stressful week last week. I got hit by an 18 year old who hasn't learned the fine art of defensive driving. I got the ticket tho because I was turning left. :thumbdown: So my "new" 2017 vehicle is in the shop getting major repairs and I'm driving a rental, thinking about what day to take my defensive driving course to get the ticket expunged off my license, worrying about my cat who needs to go to the vet for a gastro-intestinal issue and wondering how outrageous my insurance is going to climb to. Sigh. Not a fun May!

MizMelly, Wow what a way to start your summer! Also to hear how your insurance is treating you!
I can relate to your cat being sick as we just got our dog out of the vet's hospital. She had surgery three days ago.

MizMelly 05-24-2018 06:03 AM

Well, things are "looking up" sorta. Cat is fine, after $455 for shots, blood tests and exam. He's on meds for his issue, and I have to pick up one more today from the vet. The insurance adjuster called yesterday and said they were accepting total liability for the accident (darn, I was hoping for a little shared blame). I'm crossing my fingers that my vehicle will be done and out of the shop by next Friday. I have a very nice rental, but of course it IS a rental and a car (I drive an SUV).
And I had to submit paperwork to get accepted for the defensive driving class. Now I just need to sign up and take it before the 13th or I get an automatic failure and have the penalty hit my license.
I think I'll take it tomorrow to get that off my plate.
I hope everyone is going to have a lovely memorial day (long weekend). I know I'm staying home and will probably be playing in my sewing room!

Originally Posted by sunrise450 (Post 8063834)
MizMelly, Wow what a way to start your summer! Also to hear how your insurance is treating you!
I can relate to your cat being sick as we just got our dog out of the vet's hospital. She had surgery three days ago.