Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/birthday-swap-2018-2019-new-t294216.html)

JuanitaBean 05-04-2018 03:26 PM

Thank you ladies going to wait till my B-day to open
Received candies from:
4-20
JENNR8R
4-21
Patrick's Mom
bjsmith57
Gaijin
4-23
Jane Quilter
Hav4Boys
oldcatlady
Faintly Artistic
Armylady2012
jaba
Sunrise450

4-24
Pinkflowers
IceLeopard
Kele

4-26
MizMelly
happylab
Onaemtnest
BarbaraKibler23
LottaParker

4-27
Anoka Quilter
RosemaryAttaway
JaniceMcC

4-28

Pattyjo
givio
Letsew2212

5-3
Travelinggramma

5-4
crazyconnie

jaba 05-04-2018 04:59 PM

Just a thought ladies.....please remember to leave feedback for ladies that mailed on time to you for your Birthday. Probably us "oldies" doesn't count very much but to our new swappers that are trying to up the feedback score it makes a big difference! I have left for all of you that mailed on time, except about 4 which I will do tomorrow. Couldn't get that done today because I'd already left it for another swap.....gees! the QB should change this for sure in my opinion.

barbarakibler23 05-04-2018 09:35 PM

Good point Jaba. This is an important part of the birthday girls job. Make sure you post your feedback as soon as you can.
thanks
barb

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 8052475)
Just a thought ladies.....please remember to leave feedback for ladies that mailed on time to you for your Birthday. Probably us "oldies" doesn't count very much but to our new swappers that are trying to up the feedback score it makes a big difference! I have left for all of you that mailed on time, except about 4 which I will do tomorrow. Couldn't get that done today because I'd already left it for another swap.....gees! the QB should change this for sure in my opinion.

barbarakibler23 05-04-2018 10:22 PM

Hello ladies....
Sorry I haven't been on the thread lately.

I had a great time in Paducah with my mom, sister and her friend and about a million quilting friends! So many beautiful quilts to see! Rows and Rows of them! Can't believe the creativity and artistic abilities of the creators of these quilts!

Shopping was pretty wonderful at Paducah too! The show had rows and rows of vendors as well as pop up stores all around the town. I controlled myself...mostly. I found a few patterns that we can use for our sweet candy squares. Also I am now a card carrying member of the American Quilt Society and have a really cool pin to prove it.

There is a AQS show in Grand Rapids Mi in August and plan on going. Maybe I will take a class?

So Wednesday I went on a bus trip to Sauder Village in Ohio for a quilt show. I went with my mom and some of my quilty friends that are in my Wednesday quilting group. We had a good day but it was a really long bus trip :shock:. I think I might put a quilt in this show next year. :shock: maybe.

I found a pattern to share from the Sauder Village show also.

After I unpack all my bags I will show you some of the patterns I picked up at the shows.

Barb

pinkflowers 05-05-2018 04:59 AM

Oh Barb, that sounds like a wonderfully fun trip! I'm not sure if I am more envious of the pleasures of the Quilt Shows, or the companionship you had. My mom passed many years ago. She was not a crafty person, would have loved to share quilting with her.

A local Guild (other than mine) had a Show last weekend. I brought along my son's mother-in-law. It was her first show, and she was so impressed and really enjoyed it. She sews, and does lots of crafty things, but asked me to teach her how to quilt. Whoo hoo - love it!

AQS had a show in Syracuse, NY that I went to a few years ago. Just amazing. I still have my special pin, too! And an AQS bag. They were selling Quilting books for $5 - I bought so many that I could hardly carry them out!

I wish they would have remained, or will return to Syracuse. I heard that the turn out was not as expected.

givio 05-05-2018 10:29 AM

I'm thinking about going to the AQS show in GR this summer too. :-) I've never been to a show, only the local county fair. The pictures that have been shared from Paducah are really amazing. I don't think that I'd want to spend the time and money to make something like those quilts, but I appreciate the workmanship.

JuanitaBean 05-05-2018 05:45 PM

Thank you ladies going to wait till my B-day to open
Received candies from:
4-20
JENNR8R
4-21
Patrick's Mom
bjsmith57
Gaijin
4-23
Jane Quilter
Hav4Boys
oldcatlady
Faintly Artistic
Armylady2012
jaba
Sunrise450

4-24
Pinkflowers
IceLeopard
Kele

4-26
MizMelly
happylab
Onaemtnest
BarbaraKibler23
LottaParker

4-27
Anoka Quilter
RosemaryAttaway
JaniceMcC

4-28

Pattyjo
givio
Letsew2212

5-3
Travelinggramma

5-4
crazyconnie

5-5
miquilt

sunrise450 05-06-2018 06:54 AM

It looks like I left someone off my list of candies received. Here is the correct list. I'm very sorry that I didn't leave feedback yet. I will do so, in the meantime please know that I appreciate every candie and all the extras that I received.

Army lady2012
mizmelly
Patrick's mom
bjsmith57
ice leopard
Kele
Jane Quilter
JennR8R
Juanita Bean
wmuteach
Gaijin
hav4boys
aborning
jaba
onaemtnest
Faintly Artistic
Pinkflowers
Crispy Frog
Janice
LStew2212
LUM
SheriR
givio
TravelingGramma
Jarenie
Anoka Quilter
Texastam
barbarakibler23
lottleparker
pattiejo
Rosemary Attaway
HappyLab

Have a great day!
Phyllis

jaba 05-06-2018 08:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just an update, I have 3 more to receive. Aborning yours arrived yesterday, thank you so much[ATTACH=CONFIG]594050[/ATTACH]

Gaijin 05-06-2018 04:42 PM

Update on what I have so far...

4/20 Juanita Bean

4/21 JennR8R
Army lady

4/23 Sunrise450
Oldcatlady
bjsmith57
Faintly Artistic
jaba
Ice Leopard
Jane Quilter
Pinkflowers
Patrick's Mom
MizMelly

4/24 HAV4Boys
kele

4/26 happylab
Barbara Kibler 23
Onaemtnest
L. Parker

4/27 Janice McC
Lstew 2212

4/28 P. Cain
Givio
Anoka Quilter

5/1 Crazy Connie

5/4 TravelingGramma

5/5 Crispy-Frog
Rosemary Attaway
M 1 Quilt

Thank you all so much! I plan to open what I have and post this Friday. But everyone still has until after I return from my trip, so don't worry!

Gaijin