Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/birthday-swap-2018-2019-new-t294216.html)

barbarakibler23 06-15-2018 01:31 PM

What is everyone doing with 75....9 patch blocks?????

am I missing something?

Originally Posted by happylab (Post 8076392)
Happy belated birthday armylady. You still have 2 weeks to celebrate your bd month. I hope it’s a great month.

Jaba, great news about your cancer. Happy thoughts for your tx to be great and that you don’t have anymore issues. Take care and remember to follow your Nurses and Dr’s orders.

Next week i will try to catch up on the mystery quilt. This week’s clue gives me a chance to play catch up. So far it looks like I can pull from my stash. No buying from LQS. Yea. I love those types of projects.

Now back to my 75 9-patch blocks. I have almost a week to have them completed. And unfortunately back to my spring cleaning. I have 6 more days before summer cleaning starts. That’s cleaning I didn’t get done before spring ended. Then I will be working on Summer cleaning. LOL, Have fun all.

barbarakibler23 06-15-2018 01:33 PM

I have esp Jane......extra special powers..... that is what I have convenience the kids I nanny.

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter (Post 8076541)
My prize arrived today. Who knew I loved chickens? They are going in the quilt I am making tomorrow. Thanks Barb!

givio 06-15-2018 04:22 PM

Barb, The 9patches are due soon for the swap that's going on. Some time ago you mentioned you'd like to see what I was working on for the 9-patch swap that finished-- my picture of the quilt top is back on post #845. I have some blocks left from that swap, and working on the rest of the 9patches this weekend for the current swap.

sewbizgirl 06-15-2018 11:34 PM

Yep, there’s a 9 patch swap going on. We are making 2 color checkerboards. It finishes up in about a week. Look for the thread in the swaps section. The blocks are so pretty.

Lstew2212 06-17-2018 05:01 AM

just checking in for the week. Happy belated birthday Armylady2012, hope it was a great one.

Jaba, prayers work, and we will keep sending them up.

Have4boys, sending prayers for your MIL. Tell her to keep her spirits up.

I hope all is having a fantastic summer so far.

I'm off to work on some quilting projects as it's too hot to be outside

barbarakibler23 06-17-2018 05:15 AM

Happy father day to all the dad’s out there. I hope they are having a nice day
We (hubby and I) are joining my sons family and going to Greenfield Village today. The village is a group of historic buildings of Thomas Edison, Henry Ford,Noah Webster and many more. It is nice to visit but it is going to be hot today 😳97 degrees.
Hope everyone else stays cool
Barb

WMUTeach 06-17-2018 04:41 PM

I love Greenfield Village. What a hot day to be out and about. I am sure the shaded lanes and little pathways are a good rest from Mr. Sun. I was out after church and it was 95 and we are only about 2.5 hours from Greenfield Village. Hope our lake stirs up some cool breezes and rain. Those of you not familiar with Michigan weather, we depend on our BIG 'OLE Lake Michigan to manage our weather. Rain in the summer and snow in the winter. Hiding out inside and grading papers for my students!

Armylady2012 06-17-2018 05:47 PM

Ladies just wanted to let you all know that I will be out of town all week (18-22 June) I will be in the smokies at the wilderness stone lodge with all kinds of water parks for us all to enjoy, if I can get to a computer I will check in, all you ladies take care and stay safe and healthy if possible.

givio 06-17-2018 06:27 PM

WMUTeach, that sounds about right-- 95 to 98 degrees. I'm about 1 1/2 hours from Greenfield Village.
Barb! I hope no one in your party swooned with heat exhaustion today! The humidity made it worse...
Jane Quilter, How about a progress picture of the quilt you are working on, where you will add the chicken fabric?
Hav4boys, yes, it's always a plus to have some conversations that are special and worthwhile. I'm sure she appreciates your listening ear.
Armylady2012, Enjoy your trip!

barbarakibler23 06-18-2018 06:46 PM

Well it is raining right now and here in Michigan we are suppose to get in the 70's tomorrow. That will be a welcome change from 93 we had today.

No one melted yesterday at Greenfield Village. It was really not too bad for 95 degrees. It was not very crowded which was really nice and we took in shade whenever possible. We sat under some trees and watched a baseball game that the guys played like they did in 1930's...no gloves !!! It was fun to watch and one the grand babies got a very much needed nap.

Tomorrow, June 19th is our 38th Wedding Anniversary. Man that's a long time! My husband brought me home some white roses today. They are really pretty but fabric does not die. :shock: ( I need one of you ladies to give him a hint).

I am on vacation this week from my nanny job. (probably my last time I will ever have a paid vacation) and I have a busy week. Monday and Tuesday ... half day of bookkeeping each day. Wednesday quilting with two different groups, Thursday off to Shipshewanna, IN for a quilt show with some quilty friends and Friday making strawberry jam with my daughter. Sounds like a good week to me!

Hope everyone is well... I will be posting July birthday address in a few days.

Barb