Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/birthday-swap-2018-2019-new-t294216.html)

Crispy_Frog 06-14-2018 01:04 PM

JennR8R- So professional! Great looking neutral fabric. You gave me an idea of what to use. Did it use up much of the two yards?

JENNR8R 06-14-2018 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog (Post 8076408)
JennR8R- So professional! Great looking neutral fabric. You gave me an idea of what to use. Did it use up much of the two yards?

I used most of the two yards. I might even have enough left over of this fabric to use it for the back. Score! :)

givio 06-14-2018 05:40 PM

Happylab, Haha. :-) Yeah, that cleaning, it's pretty much every season around my house. Never gets done on time...

WMUTeach 06-14-2018 05:45 PM

Well, I am back. I could not figure out why I was not getting messages for this thread and several others for about a week, then DUH, I cleaned out my junk mail box and there you were! Why my QuiltingBoard Threads started going to junk all of a sudden is beyond me.

Happy Birthday all your June gals. Sorry I missed your "day" but like someone else said.... this is your birthday month. Celebrate till the cows come home! Which is before dark! Tee-Hee-Hee! Best wishes.

Jane Quilter 06-14-2018 05:46 PM

My prize arrived today. Who knew I loved chickens? They are going in the quilt I am making tomorrow. Thanks Barb!

hav4boys 06-15-2018 08:22 AM

Well, not so good news on the home front. My mother-in-law lives with us and last week she had a growth removed from her upper gum (where a wisdom tooth would be). Pathology came back. Invasive squamous cell carcinoma. We will be off to UC San Francisco next week. The cancer was in all the tissue removed, not just the tumor. My MIL is trying to be positive, but she is real with me. We had a good talk this morning. I told her we are all in this together.

Faintly Artistic 06-15-2018 10:20 AM

Hav4boys, so sorry. Cancer really stinks. Hoping for the best for your mom and jaba...

sewbizgirl 06-15-2018 10:31 AM

So sorry your MIL got that diagnosis, Hav4. She is blessed to be there living with you. What a scary place to get cancer! Prayers for her to beat it.

Same for our Jaba.

barbarakibler23 06-15-2018 01:26 PM

Yes IceLeopard.... these will be used for a border. But we are all making a lap quilt. The lap quilt that I am making measures 51 x 68. Not sure how you would change the size. But I don't think the border is the place to do it. Maybe the inside of the quilt.

I am sure I have everyone confused now. :shock:

Originally Posted by IceLeopard (Post 8076308)
Barb, are any of these pieces used for the border? I'm doing a lap quilt, remember, and need it to be about 45 x 60. PM me, please, so as to not spoil the surprise for the rest.

barbarakibler23 06-15-2018 01:28 PM

I know but this will be a good time for people to get caught up or get started.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8076255)
Got it... thanks Barb! Wish we could do a clue a week. :o